Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Should we be teaching 6 year olds how to touch themselves?

What you reckon?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-lessons.html

As a big shota fan I'm into this.
    Last edited by pandas; 22nd November 2019 at 4:41 pm.

2. Post
    After reading the article it sounds fine.

Thread title and article headline indicates it's about teaching children how to touch themselves.

Article body indicates it's nothing like that. It just says that's a thing and when and where it is and isn't appropriate to do it.

Saying they're lessons on how to touch themselves is like saying potty training is teaching kids how to shit and not when and where it is and isn't appropriate to do it.

In both cases the actual how to do it part is left for self-discovery.

3. Post
    no. and utterly pointless. matters of appropriateness are picked up naturally from observing and interacting with society, media, popular culture etc. in other words, living.

4. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    potty training is teaching kids how to shit.
    Potty training is literally that--you have to learn how to sit on a potty and wipe your ass which are core components of shitting.

Also, the comparison between learning how to defecate and how to masturabte is not a good one. One has always been taught externally, the other not so much. Generally when it's been the latter i.e. an adult teaching a child how to masturbate there has been a sexual component to it because generally only a pervert would do that. And how do you know that it would not be a component of it, say a kid asks what the **** they're actually talking about. The teacher goes... oh nevermind, Michael. Just some touching thing I can't go into detail. Or that this wouldn't literally open the door for that to be the next part.

Also the literal 100% name to post content ratio

5. Post
    pandas wrote:
    Potty training is literally that--you have to learn how to sit on a potty and wipe your ass which are core components of shitting.
    Teaching kids where it's appropriate to shit, and how to clean up after shitting isn't teaching kids how to shit.

How to shit is the mechanics of releasing faeces from your anus. The article says they're teaching kids where it is and isn't appropriate, and doesn't indicate they're teaching the mechanics at all. So the comparison works fine.

6. Post
    Also to your other part "good gosh by golly and child asked a question", better put them in solitary confinement or beat them.

Do what you do when kids ask questions, give them a serious answer or a weak answer. Like when a kid asks about you having a glass of wine, "It's an adult thing"

7. Post
    Oi teacher leave em kids alone

8. Post
    I don't see an issue with that, teachers already have to discretely deal with those situations every week in schools. A difficult conversation to have without leaving a child feeling alienated or shamed because they did something that felt good to them.

If a teacher does not then it's up to parents to, if they find it too awkward to address or are unaware it does the kid no good.

9. Post
    Their ****ing kids man just let them be kids is my thoughts on this. By all means teach about inappropriately touching of others and that sort of thing but don't teach them about having a tug or strum at 6 years old. It's like those ones wanting to teach 8 year olds how to have gay butt sex in the states not too long ago. Totally inappropriate for their age.

I'd be shocked if my kid came home from school telling me the teacher told them the best ways to bust a nut.

10. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    It's like those ones wanting to teach 8 year olds how to have gay butt sex in the states not too long ago.
    wait, what?

11. Post
    Just reading this thread is probably going to put you on some kind of watch list.

12. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Just reading this thread is probably going to put you on some kind of watch list.
    Hi Ghislaine?

13. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    It's like those ones wanting to teach 8 year olds how to have gay butt sex in the states not too long ago. Totally inappropriate for their age.

this literally never happened

14. Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wrote:
    this literally never happened
    Not for lack of trying, I'm not going to dig up the source on this matter at work either for obvious reasons.

15. Post
    uh huh

16. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Not for lack of trying, I'm not going to dig up the source on this matter at work either for obvious reasons.
    The real reason is even more obvious than the one you're implying.

17. Post
    Am I supposed to comment on the headline from a terrible English tabloid or about what they're actually doing?

1) Should they teach 6 year olds how to masturbate?
    A) No

2) Is it a good idea to include as part of sex education that fiddling with yourself isn't evil (despite what some people say), but should be done in private?
    A) For the most part, yes.

6yo seems quite young for the school to do it though - they used to tell us that kind of stuff when we were about 11 when I was growing up. Maybe it's a bit younger now.

"Don't masturbate in front of other people" is fairly good advice at any age though and any criticism of that would be a lot more appropriate from somewhere other than the UK Daily Mail. I have friends that are parents that have had to tell their young kids (like ~3-4) to party somewhere other than the family lunch table.

It probably should be the parent's job at <10 but they still need someone to tell them. How would they know otherwise?

18. Post
    JRS wrote:
    matters of appropriateness are picked up naturally from observing and interacting with society
    So 6 year olds learn not to play with themselves in front of other people "naturally from observing and interacting with society"
    wtf does that mean? Let them do it and get screamed at?

Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    don't teach them about having a tug or strum at 6 years old. It's like those ones wanting to teach 8 year olds how to have gay butt sex in the states not too long ago. Totally inappropriate for their age.

I'd be shocked if my kid came home from school telling me the teacher told them the best ways to bust a nut
    I think shock style media annoys me more than people like you. You're more of a victim.

19. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Am I supposed to comment on the headline from a terrible English tabloid or about what they're actually doing?

1) Should they teach 6 year olds how to masturbate?
    A) No

2) Is it a good idea to include as part of sex education that fiddling with yourself isn't evil (despite what some people say), but should be done in private?
    A) For the most part, yes.

6yo seems quite young for the school to do it though - they used to tell us that kind of stuff when we were about 11 when I was growing up. Maybe it's a bit younger now.

"Don't masturbate in front of other people" is fairly good advice at any age though and any criticism of that would be a lot more appropriate from somewhere other than the UK Daily Mail. I have friends that are parents that have had to tell their young kids (like ~3-4) to party somewhere other than the family lunch table.

It probably should be the parent's job at <10 but they still need someone to tell them. How would they know otherwise?
    A friend of mine had some childhood trauma, where her dad was accused of fiddling with her and she was taken into state care for a while. She was touching herself wildly at preschool, so they suspected something was causing her to take part in such devilish work, probably dad. Turns out Dado was in no way into kiddies, and quite a few youngins just rub themselves silly from the get go.

But god forbid we tell 6yos that rubbing themselves isn't evil but its not for the play park. Might be of benefit for everyone if they don't think it's wrong and evil.

Haha I just remembered that I learned to masturbate, at about 5, by putting my cock in front of the blowers in the kiddy pool in the town swimming complex. Told my friends about it. They of course did the natural thing.

We hogged all the blowers.

The more I think about this the more the image of what that must have looked like cracks me up. Six family guy Stewies evenly spaced around a pool just staring at the wall...

I can't imagine it would have been a bad piece of advice to have informed us that it's ok to fiddle with ourselves, but that jamming our cocks in the kiddy pool blowers is not really something everyone else is going to appreciate.

20. Post
    Stay off my lawn and stay away from my children.

21. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    So 6 year olds learn not to play with themselves in front of other people "naturally from observing and interacting with society"
    wtf does that mean? Let them do it and get screamed at?

I think shock style media annoys me more than people like you. You're more of a victim.
    How did you learn not to jerk off in public? How did you learn not to murder people. How did you learn to queue up at subway? You're not sat down and taught how every little detail of functioning in society. You're constantly learning by observing others.

22. Post
    JRS wrote:
    How did you learn not to jerk off in public? How did you learn not to murder people. How did you learn to queue up at subway? You're not sat down and taught how every little detail of functioning in society. You're constantly learning by observing others.
    Good point, lets get rid of all education, it's worthless, we don't need people blatantly teaching us stuff. We can just observe it in society.

If it's good enough for subway queuing, it's good enough for calculus.

23. Post
    I'm not sure this subject matter is appropriate for you to be commenting on sontoucher.

24. Post
    Lol

25. Post
    JRS wrote:
    I'm not sure this subject matter is appropriate for you to be commenting on sontoucher.
    That joke was tried and ignored earlier, keep up.

This is what happens when you only get your education from observing society. You miss things.