1. Post

Borrow a Ryzen Gen 1/2 CPU ?

Anyone around Whangaparaoa / or could drop off to Symonds St in CBD, have a Gen 1/2 Ryzen CPU I could borrow for couple of days ?

Bought new gear but motherboard reqs BIOS upgrade before I can use the new CPU I got.

TIA

2. Post
    I didn't do it myself, but with some motherboards you can do it just using a usb drive. Some of the guys here will know more but you don't necessarily need a compatable CPU to do it.

3. Post
    Gutted. I think AMD send out free ones for bios flashing

4. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Gutted. I think AMD send out free ones for bios flashing
    Yeah but don't want to wait for shipping

- - - Updated - - -

WeenieBeenie wrote:
    I didn't do it myself, but with some motherboards you can do it just using a usb drive. Some of the guys here will know more but you don't necessarily need a compatable CPU to do it.
    Yeah, Ive heard that - will do some research today

5. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Bugger... board has to support flashback, which mine dosent. WIll drag it into a store to do if noone puts a hand up soon

6. Post
    There was someone on here offering a chip up for this job. But that would require shipping. Local shop should sort it for not too much since you need it asap.

7. Post
    Yeah, got sent a CPU but it has bent pins so wont work damnit So taking it into store this weekend to get it done.

8. Post
    FYI, got it done, all up and running now on Ryzen 3600. First AMD in a long time......

9. Post
    Gratz. Don't think you'll be disappointed.