1. Cool

[Pakeha forums] Protect yourselves...

...from the SUN!

I found this cool app which shows the current and daily maximum forecast UV index for your location. Really handy, not just for us pasty people, but anyone who wants to be sun smart over the summer. Especially useful when you have kids.

Apple link: https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/globaluv/id1112396623
    Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...globaluv&hl=en

Further info link for those interested: https://niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/...ne-Apps_V4.pdf

2. Post

3. Post
    Basically gotta deploy Dulux weatherguard for my translucent kids smdh

4. Post
    I'm heading home for Christmas. Every time I do this I'm like "yay sun" and then I get home and it's all "**** this shit". I don't need no UV index to remind me that the sun looks at me with the same excitement as an eight year old hovering over the icecream freezer by the supermarket checkout...

5. Post
    should avoid the sun anyway, premature aging of the skin

6. Post
    massive wrote:
    I don't need no UV index to remind me that the sun looks at me with the same excitement as an eight year old hovering over the icecream freezer by the supermarket checkout...
    lol

Love hot summer days. Probably because it represents the coming of a few days of escape where I get blasted and muck around on a beach. Just gotta slip, slop, slap, and wrap.

Off to a European winter soon, and missing five weeks of summer is a legitimate downside.

Just feel more alive and active during the hotter months.

7. Post
    WillAY wrote:

Off to a European winter soon.
    It's so ****ing bleak already. Dark till 730am, dark from 4:30pm. Went out at lunchtime today and it was basically dark. No wonder the scandos burn down churches.

8. Post
    JC wrote:
    It's so ****ing bleak already. Dark till 730am, dark from 4:30pm. Went out at lunchtime today and it was basically dark. No wonder the scandos burn down churches.
    Where are you presently?

9. Post
    haha same, headed to German land for a 3 month work detail. Gonna build a nice datacentre for the local sales teams. Its ok, plenty of decent drink and a nice comfy server room to work with.

10. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    haha same, headed to German land for a 3 month work detail. Gonna build a nice datacentre for the local sales teams. Its ok, plenty of decent drink and a nice comfy server room to work with.
    Eine Schweinshaxe und ein Weissbier, bitte.

11. Post
    WillAY wrote:
    Where are you presently?
    the sunny part of england

12. Post
    JC wrote:
    the sunny part of england
    Wales?

13. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    I hear Germany is balls deep in IT work since brexit. I bet you'll be getting a decent packet out of that 3 months work Marry me?

14. Post
    JC wrote:
    dear god i want to swap places

15. Post
    massive wrote:
    I'm heading home for Christmas. Every time I do this I'm like "yay sun" and then I get home and it's all "**** this shit". I don't need no UV index to remind me that the sun looks at me with the same excitement as an eight year old hovering over the icecream freezer by the supermarket checkout...
    I too, am a daywalker.

16. Post
    Imma Kant wrote:
    I hear Germany is balls deep in IT work since brexit. I bet you'll be getting a decent packet out of that 3 months work Marry me?
    its pretty good, plus company is paying for all the expenses and the boss is throwing in some extra stuff . Yeah, it is pretty nuts there atm, i am back and forth and also doing some remote stuff for the London and Manchester centres. I guess Kiwis are cheaper to hire ?:P

17. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    I guess Kiwis are cheaper to hire ?:P
    In my experience of working in the UK and Germany, a typical Kiwi will impress people because we do five different roles at once, and do them competently, because that's the way we work in smaller NZ companies.

Whereas a Brit will say "u wot m8, that's some other bugger's problem". And a German will say "nein, das ist nicht eine Funktion meines Stellenbeschreibung".

18. Post
    scholar wrote:
    In my experience of working in the UK and Germany, a typical Kiwi will impress people because we do five different roles at once, and do them competently, because that's the way we work in smaller NZ companies.

Whereas a Brit will say "u wot m8, that's some other bugger's problem". And a German will say "nein, das ist nicht eine Funktion meines Stellenbeschreibung".
    Hard out

19. Post
    Yeah g, Kiwi stz.

20. Post
    scholar wrote:

It's more the fact that NZ companies are cheap cretins and won't hire staff, but try and get the one guy to do four different roles at once. THey will usually have 12 people in the HR department doing the same thing though. I think they may be breeding in those offices.

21. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    It's more the fact that NZ companies are cheap cretins and won't hire staff, but try and get the one guy to do four different roles at once. THey will usually have 12 people in the HR department doing the same thing though. I think they may be breeding in those offices.
    Come on mate, your brother's drop-kick low-achieving daughter has to get a job somewhere, just chuck her in with all the other deadweights as a favour.