Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1746

1. Post
    We won a session!!!!!

2. Post
    Are we effectively 2 down with Raval going off sick and Henry injured?

3. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    We won a session!!!!!
    unbelievable - the most runs scored combined vs other opening partnerships this series lol

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Are we effectively 2 down with Raval going off sick and Henry injured?
    Raval was ready to bat and looked fine this arvo, so unless he pulls up lame overnight...

Henry will probably bat, but very limited.

5. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    We won a session!!!!!
    We won the last two sessions

Let me know Paddles when you are ready to get on board the tom for captain train

We wouldn't have taken ten poles with kane in charge and would have faced 15 overs before stumps where they would have all bowled 145 plus in a speed blitz

6. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    We won a session!!!!!
    Yeah, but Blundell is still there. This is very damaging for the future of NZ cricket.

King Marnus averaged a cool 25 after 6 tests. Blundell > Marnus confirmed

7. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Waugh and O'Keefe are absolutely punishingly bad commentators.
    I loved how Waugh said Blundell shook Labuschagne's hand at the end of days play for his 200, rather than Marnus shaking Tom's hand for surviving the session.

171/7 vs. 63/0 is a very good fight back today though, well done boys!

8. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    We won the last two sessions

Let me know Paddles when you are ready to get on board the tom for captain train

We wouldn't have taken ten poles with kane in charge and would have faced 15 overs before stumps where they would have all bowled 145 plus in a speed blitz
    Nowhere near that train...

9. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    171/7 vs. 63/0 is a very good fight back today though, well done boys!
    The boys made me proud today,

Top 5 memories of the day

1) Latham smashing short forward square leg in the helmet. Wade won't be keen after that.

2) Us getting though the first ten overs of our inning unscathed

3) Matt Henry soldiering on with a broken left thumb. What a hero.

4) Sommerville with to die for groupings when he bowled he really looked the part.

5) Paine still doesn't have a test century

10. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Yeah, but Blundell is still there. This is very damaging for the future of NZ cricket.
    Well if he does it again here, and against India, I will then lay off him.

Nicholls is getting ready to be dropped himself if he fails against India. That will leave him with fails vs SL, Eng and Aus. Four series in a row of failing has to be dropped. Has to be. Raval only failed 2.5...

Then I'd bat Young 3 and move KW and Ross down...

Still need to find a spot for Conway, though. Ross's retiring?

There's actually FC/NZA pressure on the batsmen right now....

This is a wildcard test for NZ, Blundell, Raval and Philips can make some incredible selection headaches for India with the NZ "1 innings of over 100 is enough" formula.

11. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Well if he does it again here, and against India, I will then lay off him.

Nicholls is getting ready to be dropped himself if he fails against India. That will leave him with fails vs SL, Eng and Aus. Four series in a row of failing has to be dropped. Has to be. Raval only failed 2.5...

Then I'd bat Young 3 and move KW and Ross down...

Still need to find a spot for Conway, though. Ross's retiring?

There's actually FC/NZA pressure on the batsmen right now....

This is a wildcard test for NZ, Blundell, Raval and Philips can make some incredible selection headaches for India with the NZ "1 innings of over 100 is enough" formula.
    I would think Raval would need a double century rather than an ordinary century to come into consideration. If I were him I would forget about personal goals and just concentrate on playing a team inning.

12. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I would think Raval would need a double century rather than an ordinary century to come into consideration. If I were him I would forget about personal goals and just concentrate on playing a team inning.
    He's batting three, that's a sure sign he's temporary. Even if an opener goes down, or he gets 200 here. Too little too late.

Spoiler: he won't hit a double

13. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    200 is a team inning and a personal goal... Get your Hadlee and MD Crowe goal personal setting cap on...

- - - Updated - - -

<N> wrote:
    He's batting three, that's a sure sign he's temporary. Even if an opener goes down, or he gets 200 here. Too little too late.

Spoiler: he won't hit a double
    A 200? Skippy SInclair hit 2...

14. Post
    I just want to say one thing. We have been thrashed many time times in Australia. Mostly from the 90's... so many times.

But this time, despite being thrashed - we have done one thing. That one thing is Neil Wagner. We have shown the world how to take down the "best since Bradman" - and unlike in NZ, this time - the world was watching. But its not just Smudger, its everyone bar Labu that Wagner has punished. Australia possibly, has years of sustained rib bowling coming their way - in fact the world does, this is NZ's greatest contribution to cricket since opening with Greatbatch in odi's slogging and Patel - the spinner - opening the limited overs bowling (now very common in t20).

Well done NZ. We may have been thrashed. But Aus batsmen for years better get used to sustained field set to the pull shot- back of a length - "show us your drive on the up up, cos if you don't pull it - its smacking your elbow".

I can imagine England, selecting Stokes, Curran, Wood, Stone, and Archer next ashes, and just bowling short to a 6-3 onside field all day... and saying - call us "Jardine"...

How do you stop Labu? I have no idea yet... I'd rob him of partners...

15. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    How do you stop Labu? I have no idea yet... I'd rob him of partners...
    Sustained short pitch bowling until on of your bowlers scons him. Then we will see his footwork after that touch up.

16. Post
    Raval's inning is crucial tomorrow. If he can scratch a 25-30, the will be emminently more helpful than him giving australia momentum with a first baller.

17. Post
    We've finally shown a bit of mongrel at our first turn at bat... an excellent effort by Latham & Blundell so far hopefully they can keep the partnership going tomorrow as long as possible, bloody vital the rest of the top order bat with the same mindset.

18. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Raval's inning is crucial tomorrow. If he can scratch a 25-30, the will be emminently more helpful than him giving australia momentum with a first baller.
    Hope he can get 25-30, can't see it happening though as he's more of a nightmare than our batting in the first couple of tests.

19. Post
    This pitch is ****ed.

20. Post
    Is this Raval's highest score this series?

21. Post
    What a blundell

22. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    What a blundell
    That ball shouldn't even get school kids out unless they get caught on the pull shot.

That's our new test opener? I am less than impressed. Looks like he was auditioning for a minties commercial.

23. Post
    Why would you bother reviewing that?

24. Post
    the **** is happening

25. Post
    Sigh, here we go.