Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Dear Canterbury

While I don't like the design of the Crusaders new logo so much, I do like it's potential to trigger all the skinheads.

Best wishes

Te Brad

2. Post
    You're more likely to find it triggers your average supporter who doesn't like the fact that they changed it at all, because of an unrelated event.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 30th November 2019 at 5:35 pm. Reason: typo

3. Post
    It’s dumb because it acknowledges that the brand is problematic, without addressing the part that’s actually problematic. A spectacular own goal. Noones happy.

Except me. It’s clearly two dick and balls docking. Beautiful.

4. Post
    frio wrote:
    It’s dumb because it acknowledges that the brand is problematic, without addressing the part that’s actually problematic. A spectacular own goal. Noones happy.

Except me. It’s clearly two dick and balls docking. Beautiful.
    there was no part of the existing brand that was problematic

5. Post
    trust a guy named abo to think that

I bet you'd have a problem with a team called the Jihadists tho

6. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:

my bad, didn't realise we were still in the 11th century.

and no i wouldn't a team with a name like that would be pretty funny actually

7. Post
    Abo wrote:
    there was no part of the existing brand that was problematic
    youre right there's nothing problematic about a team named and branded after medieval muslim killers in the city where 51 muslims were killed.

8. Post
    Can’t we all just appreciate that the new logo is plainly two dicks smushed into each other? Even the balls are touching. No need for Abo to be so political!

9. Post
    Laughing at it for dicks touching is homophobic.

10. Post
    frio wrote:
    It’s clearly two dick and balls docking. Beautiful.
    Lol. Cannot unsee

11. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    Laughing at it for dicks touching is homophobic.
    Ah shit

12. Post
    I'm seeing the docking foreskins as just another dog whistle to antisemites

13. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:

The crusades ended 700 years ago. That's the difference.

Was very happy to see they didn't bend over to a bunch of liberal cretins whining over medieval events. Even got a glorious new gay logo, I mean, that's a win for you lot right?

Also a team named the Jihads would be hilarious. They could have a mascot of a guy with a thick lice infested beard screaming unintelligenty and burning flags. The average 30-something hipster.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    The crusades ended 700 years ago. That's the difference.

Was very happy to see they didn't bend over to a bunch of liberal cretins whining over medieval events. Even got a glorious new gay logo, I mean, that's a win for you lot right?

Also a team named the Jihads would be hilarious. They could have a mascot of a guy with a thick lice infested beard screaming unintelligenty and burning flags. The average 30-something hipster.
    then why do you care that a rugby team located an entire world away with no historical connection to the crusades should change their name? it was 700 years ago stop crying you whiny snowflake.

15. Post
    That's a new one. It wasn't me advocating for a name change. I mean you'd have to be a special cretin to get offended over the crusades, an event that took place before most modern countries even existed. Crusades, I might add, that were to annex land that was itself annexed by muslim invaders. Not that it matters because it's ancient history and it should be left in the past but certain groups can't help but get offended over everything these days.

16. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    That's a new one. It wasn't me advocating for a name change. I mean you'd have to be a special cretin to get offended over the crusades, an event that took place before most modern countries even existed. Crusades, I might add, that were to annex land that was itself annexed by muslim invaders. Not that it matters because it's ancient history and it should be left in the past but certain groups can't help but get offended over everything these days.
    It was 700 years ago. Let it go.

17. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    offend one group if they keep it, offend your group if they change it, I guess they can't win?

18. Post
    They should have just renamed them the Canterbury Knights.

19. Post
    heard all the horse mascots will be turned into steaks

titties for tatties

20. Post
    frio wrote:
    Ah shit
    Don't get me wrong, I won't pass up the opportunity for a good dick joke

arr wrote:
    Personally, I think that if a rename was on the cards "Choppers" would have been a good one.

"The Canterbury Choppers...". Helicopters and motorbikes would have both been good sources of brand material.

A dude with a massive handlebar mo rides onto the field, revving his bike, then a Huey lands and Richie McCaw throws free Choppers tickets into the crowd etc

21. Post
    no one even cared about this any more by the time they announced the new logo. they just reignited a pointless shitstorm. of which, we already have too many.

22. Post
    arr wrote:
    Genius.

23. Post
    arr wrote:
    I like that name.. could've kept the logo too.

24. Post
    Already exists though:

25. Post
    You can't please everyone. Guess space docking is an improvement over sheep shagging