Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. Post
    #1

    So my GTX 1080 died, upgrade suggestions?

    Seemed like a good card the EVGA GTX180 SC, had been using if it for a couple of years with no issues but just the other day it started bringing up a black screen and all the fans went to 100%. Its a common issue it seems. I have tried everything to get it going but no luck.

    So I've decided to upgrade, question is would it be better to get a RTX 2080 or a 2070 I am only gaming in 1440p. PB Tech doing a Gigabyte 2070 for $698 though the 2080 are twice as much. Would it be worth it? I'm out of the graphics card loop so any help will be appreciated. Cheers

  2. Post
    #2
    Has a 3 year warranty doesn't it?

  3. Post
    #3
    suntoucher wrote:
    Has a 3 year warranty doesn't it?
    Unfortunately I bought it June 30th 2016

  4. Post
    #4
    Check out hardware unboxed GPU reviews on youtube, 2070 certainly sounds like better value.

  5. Post
    #5
    I would go with a MSI 5700XT Gaming for $810. It's equivalent to a 2070 Super. Has a good enough cooler to reach max GPU boost speeds. The Sapphire Pulse is cheaper at $750 but wont boost as high.

    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,13.html
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreview...t-pulse-review

    https://pp.co.nz/product/displayport...ming-x/AA98183
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGA...GDDR6-Graphics

  6. Post
    #6
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    I would go with a MSI 5700XT Gaming for $810. It's equivalent to a 2070 Super. Has a good enough cooler to reach max GPU boost speeds. The Sapphire Pulse is cheaper at $750 but wont boost as high.

    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...review,13.html
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreview...t-pulse-review

    https://pp.co.nz/product/displayport...ming-x/AA98183
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGA...GDDR6-Graphics
    Thanks very interesting

  7. Post
    #7
    Just don't buy an ASUS TUF 5700, very poor design.

    Most of the 5700XT's perform within a few FPS of each other.

  8. Post
    #8
    Consumer guarantees act does not care whether it's out of warranty or not

  9. Post
    #9
    Dicey wrote:
    Consumer guarantees act does not care whether it's out of warranty or not
    That’s not entirely true..

  10. Post
    #10
    Fragluton wrote:
    Just don't buy an ASUS TUF 5700, very poor design.

    Most of the 5700XT's perform within a few FPS of each other.
    I ended up ordering the Gigabyte 5700 XT from PB Tech as I'm close to the store and it was on sale. I've been with NVIDIA for two decades its time to support the underdog I reckon.

  11. Post
    #11
    Dicey wrote:
    Consumer guarantees act does not care whether it's out of warranty or not
    While that may be the case 3 years is a good run on a gpu and sometimes we just need an excuse to upgrade.

    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk