1. Post

Doctor Who Series 12

The BBC confirmed earlier today that Doctor Who will return on New Years Day. With a 2 part premiere.

The Thirteenth Doctor is in her TARDIS on her way back to BBC One for a thrilling 10 part series which will land on New Year’s Day 2020 with subsequent episodes airing on Sundays.

Starting with a blockbuster action packed two-part episode entitled Spyfall, the Thirteenth Doctor is well and truly back with a bang.

As Jodie Whittaker takes charge of the TARDIS once again, the Doctor will be joined by her friends Tosin Cole (Ryan), Mandip Gill (Yaz) and Bradley Walsh (Graham).

The twelfth series will also welcome a host of famous faces including Stephen Fry, Sir Lenny Henry CBE, Robert Glenister and Goran Višnjić to name just a few.

Add to that some familiar faces including the Judoon and the Cybermen, series twelve is set to be an epic action packed rollercoaster for everyone, just don’t stray too far from behind the sofa…

2. Post
    there will probably be an episode about how not all cybermen identify as men.

3. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    there will probably be an episode about how not all cybermen identify as men.
    Nah, they're going to put in a whole episode dedicated to Ryan's dad, because who wants to see the Doctor anyway?

In all seriousness though, trailer looks decent at least.

4. Post
    New series starts tomorrow. Guess I should finally get around to watching Resolution.

5. Post
    First episode is up on TVNZ on demand.

6. Post
    Writing's much better for the first episode.

7. Post
    Episode 2 is out.

8. Post
    Took them all of 3 episodes to get preachy again. Gotta cover up the poor writing on that episode somehow I guess...

9. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Took them all of 3 episodes to get preachy again. Gotta cover up the poor writing on that episode somehow I guess...
    I actually thought the episode had a very good message behind it. And didnt find it preachy at all. Interestingly that might have been because it was the 1st episode this series not produced by Chibnall.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I actually thought the episode had a very good message behind it. And didnt find it preachy at all. Interestingly that might have been because it was the 1st episode this series not produced by Chibnall.
    You mean, the same 'you gotta do something or we're all gonna die' message that we hear on the news 24/7 anyway?

I tune in to Who for the escapism of it, not to have politics thrust in my face like just about every other media on the planet does anyway. Can't we have one program that just lets us chill out for a change?

11. Post
    Episode 2 turned into a feminist history lesson like in series 11. Episode 12 was very preach, and goes against other timelines they've had.

Also when did the doctor suddenly get long range telepathy and the ability to do mind wipes? Is she half vulcan?

Annnnnnnnnnnd... Paris was an Open City in WW2, while it was bombed occasionally it was never anywhere close to burning as depicted. Annnnnd.... Noors depiction seems to be unrelated to reality. And although she was the first wireless op dropped into france, there were already many other SOE women operating there in other roles.

12. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    You mean, the same 'you gotta do something or we're all gonna die' message that we hear on the news 24/7 anyway?

I tune in to Who for the escapism of it, not to have politics thrust in my face like just about every other media on the planet does anyway. Can't we have one program that just lets us chill out for a change?
    Doctor Who has always been preachy its just each show runner has gone about it differently. Id rather Chibnall preach about climate change than some of the other pc/sjw stuff he has preached about.