ODT Tremain sacked

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 26 to 50 of 52

  1. Post
    #26
    You'd be wrong

  2. Post
    #27
    St4lk3r wrote:
    You'd be wrong
    Ahhh f**k really?? So which smurf is Tormenta?

  3. Post
    #28
    He's been pretty good at not making it obvious this time tbh, but not my place nor is this the thread to discuss it

  4. Post
    #29
    St4lk3r wrote:
    He's been pretty good at not making it obvious this time tbh, but not my place nor is this the thread to discuss it
    Sweet. As you were.

  5. Post
    #30
    Not the best education system and religion lead to this.Anti vaxnut's are just a symptom.

  6. Post
    #31
    St4lk3r wrote:
    I was under the impression those poor children died/got sick due to a shitty (contaminated/expired/fake/whatever) vaccine supplied rather than some anti vax mentality (which is probably how it got there in the first place), the comic is crass and insensitive certainly as they usually are but I don't think it has anything to do with race, but offence is taken no given so *shrug*
    Given how low the vaccination rate is in children who should've already been vaccinated by then, you can't place all the blame on those two shithouse nurses (they diluted the vaccine with expired muscle relaxant used in anaesthesia instead of the distilled water provided precisely for diluting the vaccine)

    So there's something else going on. Seems like quack medicine is popular in Samoa, and being honest, anti-vaxxing seems to be rather common in religious people, and do they love them some church.

  7. Post
    #32
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Given how low the vaccination rate is in children who should've already been vaccinated by then, you can't place all the blame on those two shithouse nurses (they diluted the vaccine with expired muscle relaxant used in anaesthesia instead of the distilled water provided precisely for diluting the vaccine)
    ahh right, makes sense I figured there was more to it than what I'd heard I just wasn't so keen on the rabbit hole of blaming it all on Anti-vax Karen's etc

    Edward Diego wrote:
    So there's something else going on. Seems like quack medicine is popular in Samoa, and being honest, anti-vaxxing seems to be rather common in religious people, and do they love them some church.
    Yea that's a fair observation re:religious nut bars, sadly it will continue and innocent kids will continue to perish at the bequest of the flying scapegoat

  8. Post
    #33
    Samoa is super backwards, and the church is the main reason. They still observe daily prayer curfew

  9. Post
    #34
    Frederick James wrote:
    Definitely. Choose to be offended, or not.
    You giving me that choice is racism. I am offended by this.

    Mods, ban this guy.

  10. Post
    #35
    teelo7 wrote:
    You giving me that choice is racism. I am offended by this.

    Mods, ban this guy.
    And to think i went in to bat for you when that Digital Citizen clown stiffed you out of your game. For shame dude, for shame.

  11. Post
    #36
    sorceror wrote:
    Samoa is super backwards, and the church is the main reason. They still observe daily prayer curfew
    Really?

  12. Post
    #37
    They didn't when I visited this year.

  13. Post
    #38
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Really?
    yep in most villages at sunset for about 30 mins - it's called 'Sa'. they sound a conch/sea shell and you are supposed to sit still, not even allowed to walk around during it.

  14. Post
    #39
    Looks like this is a spot to agree to disagree on Tremain's cartoon...

    Either way, the anti-vaxers deserve this flak, Samoa is tiny place, easily influenced and has poor internet penetration.
    The anti-vaxers blitz'd Samoa, and it boils down to financial interests, sly business activity that doesn't create value/utility.
    These scummy people are capitalizing on the asymmetrics of information, by giving Samoans a very small amount of mostly bogus information, due to poor internet penetration it can be hard for Samoans to suggest otherwise, they don't have proof in
    front of them to refute the misinformation, I'm pretty sure you still pay by the minute for internet in Samoa(?)

    Stop pissing about deciding whether or not you are offended by the cartoon, and start sending some horrible emails to the scum convincing people not to vaccinate their children, then trying to sell them over priced 'consultation sessions', and/or 'kangen water' It's not like, these people actually go about just trying to tell people their opinion on vaccinations, it's 90 percent of the time a plug into a pyramid scheme, or otherwise consultancy, go check it out for yourself.

    Literally, these anti-vax pseudo business people are dirty stinking heathen bastards, they are bloody vampires. They have gone under the radar, put some spotlight on them, make them responsible for what they say and do.

    Rank 1 and 2 Anti-vaxers in OCE ladder are Taylor Winterstein and (Dr) Judy Wilyman (non-medical doctor... obviously)

    Stop talking about being offended on someone else's behalf, and start doing something. Tell them they aren't welcome in this realm, tell them you want them gone. These are the real villains. DDOS em, setup little charity thing, if we can get $100 im pretty sure you can do some decent DDOSing. Or Otherwise just do what I do, manually send them emails, try and start off the email like you are a prospectus client, then tail off into just abusing the shit out of them.

  15. Post
    #40
    Saw this on FB earlier - seems appropriate;
    https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...8arvIiDWXtVxP0

    “Vaccine Risk Aware” -

  16. Post
    #41
    It's a shit cartoon but as usual the outrage brigade aren't out for justice they're out to destroy someone. Nothing has changed. If they really cared they should be in Wellington protesting outside the Samoan embassy protesting the rank incompetence of the Samoan governments response. Easier to blame someone else though.

  17. Post
    #42
    sorceror wrote:
    yep in most villages at sunset for about 30 mins - it's called 'Sa'. they sound a conch/sea shell and you are supposed to sit still, not even allowed to walk around during it.
    lol

  18. Post
    #43
    Frederick James wrote:
    And to think i went in to bat for you when that Digital Citizen clown stiffed you out of your game. For shame dude, for shame.
    I still never got that game!

  19. Post
    #44
    I have seen the cartoon but I don't understand what is offensive about it.

  20. Post
    #45
    teelo7 wrote:
    I still never got that game!
    He advertised it in BST not long after stiffing you. I made several complaints about it, but sadly, they fell on deaf ears. I guess a $20 game didn't meet the "give a shit" threshold of a GP member shafting another GP member *shrug*

  21. Post
    #46
    Talk shit get hit

    - - - Updated - - -

    arr wrote:
    I have seen the cartoon but I don't understand what is offensive about it.
    Making a crackup joke about 50 Samoan kids dying of measles

  22. Post
    #47
    Bad taste, bad timing, tone deaf, not funny etc - sure but in my opinion it was a play on the words "spots" and measles and not squarely aimed at making light of the death of children in Samoa, from a cartoonist in a country where we are lucky enough that death due to measles is not something that usually crosses my mind at least (but maybe that's my mistake).

    Cartoons, Comics, comedians etc don't always get it right, but calling for their jobs isn't something I'd be too keen to jump into, if you don't like their material (fair enough) I just wouldn't consume it or financially support it myself - up to you though.

  23. Post
    #48
    I agree. He has apologised too, and rightly so. I don't think anything more needs to come of it tbh.

  24. Post
    #49
    Rubbish. He needs to be publicly humiliated and his name dragged through the mud. He needs to be fired and his life destroyed. He needs to be driven to mental illness, nothing else is acceptable. He needs to be destroyed. The Internet Outrage Mob has spoken.

  25. Post
    #50
    He killed over 50 Samoan kids with his bare hands an apology isn't good enough...