1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Lol I bet this is in response to the Tom Warren rumor about how there's hardly any devkits out there.

3. Post
    come on phil. we all know you don't even like video games.

4. Post
    Phil is full of shit. I have several reasons that I don't believe he somehow has a fully built Xbox Scarlett up and running, but first and foremost is that if he did - that would mean AMD has completed RDNA 2 architecture and has completed design and building on Navi 2 graphics cards. If AMD was this far ahead of it's rumoured schedule, it makes no sense that they haven't launched - they continue to lose market share to Nvidia cards, but somehow they've got these beastly new GPUs in the bank and only sell them to Phil Spencer for his personal Xbox...uh huh

This is just Microsoft trying to drum up some hype, because all the rumours so far have suggested that developers don't even have Scarlett dev kits... but again, somehow Phil doesn't just have a devkit, he has the final product up and running.

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Phil is full of shit. I have several reasons that I don't believe he somehow has a fully built Xbox Scarlett up and running, but first and foremost is that if he did - that would mean AMD has completed RDNA 2 architecture and has completed design and building on Navi 2 graphics cards. If AMD was this far ahead of it's rumoured schedule, it makes no sense that they haven't launched - they continue to lose market share to Nvidia cards, but somehow they've got these beastly new GPUs in the bank and only sell them to Phil Spencer for his personal Xbox...uh huh

This is just Microsoft trying to drum up some hype, because all the rumours so far have suggested that developers don't even have Scarlett dev kits... but again, somehow Phil doesn't just have a devkit, he has the final product up and running.
    Yeah the timing off this tweet is really fishy He probably took home one of the few devkits they had lol maybe they put it in a prototype of what the final case will look like. Maybe MS exec's got a close-to-final-design version of the console early. But I find if hard to believe they have a version of the final unit built this early. The timeline doesn't add up.

6. Post
    Breaking news: Man brings new powerful console home, enjoys it. More at 11...

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    but somehow they've got these beastly new GPUs in the bank and only sell them to Phil Spencer for his personal Xbox...uh huh
    I also believe it's mainly hype but come on now, do you really think Phil pays for *anything* gaming related?

8. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    I also believe it's mainly hype but come on now, do you really think Phil pays for *anything* gaming related?
    I think he means Microsoft ordering the GPUs, not Phil.

It could mean that the new Navi GPUs aren't to far off for the PC market either, rumours are going around that it's going to be announced at CES. Isn't the PS5 using the new AMD GPUs as well?

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Where are you getting that part from? I can't see any mention that he has the final product.

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Why so mad?

Isnt Scarlett the code name for the project not the final console anyway?

11. Post
    "Connecting to the community" is a weird statement as well. Could mean that the Scarlett has a Twitter/FB app etc. and he's just using that, or it could mean he's fully on XBL and playing with others as the article suggests.

It just sounds so purposefully vague to hype the console.

12. Post
    Umm, am i the only one that thought Phil Spencer was from that Pommie real estate show