Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Weird name. That song on that game trailer is metal as shit, I love it.

3. Post
    The fact they debuted the console with a trailer to a single player game is promising and hopefully a signal that the Series-X console will have a huge focus on single player experiences. Something that was lacking from Microsoft this generation.

4. Post
    so the Xbox SeX then.

5. Post
    And now it's just "Xbox"

Must have copped some flak for the other name lol

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    And now it's just "Xbox"

Must have copped some flak for the other name lol
    link?

The only news from today I can find is Microsoft saying this naming convention will be used for future released e.g. Xbox series S, Xbox series Y, Xbox series etc etc

Like BMW does with it's cars: 116i, 118i, 120i, 125i, 135i, 140i etc

7. Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m....com&r=US&IR=T

“The name we’re carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox,” a Microsoft representative told Business Insider, “And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X.”
    So Xbox is the name and Series X is the model number, the same way that Xbox One is the name and S or X is the model number for this gen.

As other people have said, how in the world did we go Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbox one >Xbox? Did they not see how badly the Wii U did?

8. Post
    So it's still called Xbox series x got it

9. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m....com&r=US&IR=T

So Xbox is the name and Series X is the model number, the same way that Xbox One is the name and S or X is the model number for this gen.

As other people have said, how in the world did we go Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbox one >Xbox? Did they not see how badly the Wii U did?
    I'm pretty sure the name wasn't the reason the Wii U went badly.

10. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    So it's still called Xbox series x got it
    I guess the console is but the games will just be labeled as 'compatible for Xbox'?

Gonna be real confusing when they release OG Xbox remakes and just say 'they're Xbox compatible'

I'm pretty sure the name wasn't the reason the Wii U went badly.
    It's a large part of it, a ton of people mistook it for a Wii accessory, not a hard thing to do when most accessories were called Wii <name of accessory here> (i.e. Wii fit, Wii balance board, Wii wheel etc.)

11. Post
    Should've just called it a Xbox scarlet instead of series X, or something that doesn't end in X as we already got a xbox one X.

12. Post
    Scarlett and Scarlett Pro for the two versions, sounds much better.

Marketing is certainly not Microsoft's strong point.

13. Post
    It doesn't make a difference what they call it. PS will still dominate.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    It doesn't make a difference what they call it. PS will still dominate.
    Such a fanboy lol

15. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Such a fanboy lol
    lmao yeah thats fair lol. That aside lots of Xbots jumped ship this gen and switched to PS. It will be hard to win them back. Plus there's still no reason to own an Xbox if you have a decent PC. They're making some good moves but it will take some big ****ups from PS for XBox to have any real chance of closing the gap.

16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lmao yeah thats fair lol. That aside lots of Xbots jumped ship this gen and switched to PS. It will be hard to win them back. Plus there's still no reason to own an Xbox if you have a decent PC. They're making some good moves but it will take some big ****ups from PS for XBox to have any real chance of closing the gap.
    Seems like plenty have already come back the other direction towards the back end of this generation with the realization of the superiority of the Xbox ecosystem and far better value for money.

17. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Seems like plenty have already come back the other direction towards the back end of this generation with the realization of the superiority of the Xbox ecosystem and far better value for money.
    Sure if they enjoy playing old games via gamepass then ok. Id rather be playing god of war or spider-man than some old game on gamepass.

18. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Sure if they enjoy playing old games via gamepass then ok. Id rather be playing god of war or spider-man than some old game on gamepass.
    Or the vastly greater number of multi-platform games with superior performance on Xbox

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    The outer worlds released straight onto game pass, just cause 4 and metro exodus were on there 2 weeks after release. Gears 5, horizon 4, bunch of other titles released day one as well.

Game pass is the best value in gaming ever.

20. Post
    I give Xbox props for Gamepass. That's a definite win for them. But since you can get it on PC that still supports my comment that you don't need an XBox if you have a decent PC. Plus isn't XBox Live free on PC?

A decent gaming PC and a PS is all you need (plus a Switch if you're into that)

21. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I give Xbox props for Gamepass. That's a definite win for them. But since you can get it on PC that still supports my comment that you don't need an XBox if you have a decent PC. Plus isn't XBox Live free on PC?

Reality is the vast majority of consumers don't want/can't be bothered with/can't afford/can't accommodate a gaming PC.

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:

I think this console is a good idea for people who don't really want a PC and having to play with the settings to get the right resolution etc.. Just plug n play.

23. Post
    Yeah I was talking more about people who already have a good gaming PC. Theres no need for them to pick up an Xbox since they can still take advantage of Gamepass and play all the exclusives. When I get my new PC in a few weeks I will definitely be jumping on the gamepass bandwagon lol.

If you dont currently have a gaming PC and just wanna play on console then yeah Xbox is an option. The thing is the vast majority will still go for the PS5 over the Series X since casuals know exactly what a PS5 is. 5 is obviously higher than 4 so they can clearly understand it's the latest model. Most of them will probably confuse the Series X with the One X.

24. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah I was talking more about people who already have a good gaming PC. Theres no need for them to pick up an Xbox since they can still take advantage of Gamepass and play all the exclusives. When I get my new PC in a few weeks I will definitely be jumping on the gamepass bandwagon lol.

If you dont currently have a gaming PC and just wanna play on console then yeah Xbox is an option. The thing is the vast majority will still go for the PS5 over the Series X since casuals know exactly what a PS5 is. 5 is obviously higher than 4 so they can clearly understand it's the latest model. Most of them will probably confuse the Series X with the One X.
    Strange you would think that - considering they look completely different, will be marketed separately and be at different price points.

I think even the thickest of "casuals" should be able to work it out - however most of them will probably end up with a PS5.

25. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:

decent gaming PC costs a fair bit more than a console though, that's the main downside.

I assume that's the reason why ludez moved to consoles - cheaper to buy a console than upgrade his PC