Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

What color temperature lights do you have in your house?

Just bought a new apartment. About to replace all the old school 75W fluros that are 2700K temp

Personally, I've always had 6500K lights. But everyone I talk to at the lighting stores are looking at me like I'm a weirdo for wanting such a high temp light for my entire house.

I'm also a big fan of really bright ****-off lights, so I'm looking at lights between 1400 - 1800 lumens

What temperature lighting do you guys have at your place?

2. Post
    [serial killer forums]

3. Post
    Warm lights, I hate white/blue light inside. I want to feel at home, not in a hospital/office.

4. Post
    ffs not another anroid thread....

5. Post
    Yellow but I didn't really decide on a colour and just bought lights and they were yellow.

I've had white in the past and eh, they supplied light.

All LEDs so I did have a choice. I replaced all of the fittings with those panel dealios.

6. Post
    I've got a cool rainbow light for my bedroom just turn on the app and watch it turn into different colours (But these days mostly just the normal neutral colour for general mood) and for the rest of the lights yellow smallish lights instead of the big 70 style ones.

7. Post
    Depends which room

I like cold white in the kitchen, or anywhere I need more light. Softer in other rooms, brighter for reading lights.

8. Post
    The 90 cent ones from countdown

9. Post
    It's all just random, I've never been that motivated to get specific. Our lounge and living areas are usually candles.

At some point I need to get a tiger stripe bed throw and dragon statue holding a crystal.

10. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Depends which room

I like cold white in the kitchen, or anywhere I need more light. Softer in other rooms, brighter for reading lights.
    The kitchen, dining and lounge are one big open area so its a bit hard to mix and match the lights

11. Post
    mmd wrote:
    The kitchen, dining and lounge are one big open area so its a bit hard to mix and match the lights
    Pffft, go the disco route, you coward. One green, one red, one blue, wash and repeat at random.

12. Post
    I run black lights. I use a custom made solution for guide marking.

13. Post
    Hue bulbs, unless you're a poor of course.

14. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Hue bulbs, unless you're a poor of course.
    They're a shitty low brightness of 800 lumens. Very very lame, no thank you.

15. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Follow the semen stains?

16. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Follow the semen stains?
    The designs on the walls didn't come with the wallpaper and despite its look the carpet is plain.

17. Post
    mmd wrote:
    They're a shitty low brightness of 800 lumens. Very very lame, no thank you.
    I'm running Philips Hue Aphelion down lights at 600 lumen, but there's so many of them it doesn't matter. They can be any colour temp, and like Zarkov, it varies depending on what I'm doing as to what I set it to. Incidentally, bright white seems brighter than the warm yellow one, even when they're both at full brightness.

18. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Mutton’s room looks like a painter’s radio under black light.

19. Post
    Standard for houses is 3K, standard for offices is 4k.
    Some people like 4k in bathrooms and kitchens.

20. Post
    Warm white, although not sure the exact temperature.

Protip: the Number8 "warm white" LEDS from Mitre10 are more "piss yellow", so avoid those.

21. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I'm running Philips Hue Aphelion down lights at 600 lumen, but there's so many of them it doesn't matter. They can be any colour temp, and like Zarkov, it varies depending on what I'm doing as to what I set it to. Incidentally, bright white seems brighter than the warm yellow one, even when they're both at full brightness.
    Do you mind giving me an example? Like, how large is the room (meters by meters) and how many of those fittings do you have? Assuming standard 2.4m height?
    Thanks!

22. Post
    sif need any extra lighting in addition to the computer screen - i went without a working lightbulb in the living room for 12+ months

23. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Do you mind giving me an example? Like, how large is the room (meters by meters) and how many of those fittings do you have? Assuming standard 2.4m height?
    Thanks!
    2.4m?!? Jesus, I could barely stretch my arms. It must feel like a hobbit hole.

24. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    2.4m?!? Jesus, I could barely stretch my arms. It must feel like a hobbit hole.
    Look at this flash dude with his high ceilings

25. Post
    3.3m master race