1. Post

Cricket v Rugby 20/20 Match

Really enjoyed this match last time, so glad to see it's going to played again.

Name:  download.png
Views: 216
Size:  10.9 KB
    Fri 17th Jan {Napier} - 4.30pm

TEAM RUGBY :
    Graham Henry - Coach / selector
    Richie McCaw
    Israel Dagg
    Jason Spice
    Ofisa Tonu’u
    Beauden Barrett
    Jordie Barrett
    Aaron Smith
    Brad Weber
    Kaylum Boshier
    Derren Witcombe
    Plus International wildcards :
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    Mahela Jayawardene

TEAM CRICKET :
    Stephen Fleming – Coach / Captain
    Daniel Vettori
    Nathan Astle
    Grant Elliott
    Jacob Oram
    Hamish Marshall
    Chris Harris
    Kyle Mills
    Luke Ronchi
    Nathan McCullum
    Mathew Sinclair
    Plus wildcard to be named.

2. Post
    Trashy appalling money maker that is not even for charity. This is for Flem and Duco, with Richie and Graham getting a nice pay day too I am sure.

Won't be watching. Be nice if people would organize these things for charity, or even as player benefits for great servants to NZ intl cricket. Even if the promoted take a cut off the top for time, expenses, creativity. Etc...

3. Post
    That doesn't sound right ? the money from these types of games are always given to charity.

Some of these rugby players like the Barrett brothers, Dagg, spice etc have really good cricket skills & there's also very good lighthearted banter involved, overall great fun to watch... why did they select Henry to be coach/selector of Team Rugby ? what an overbearing pompous arse he is.

4. Post
    I know it doesn't sound right. But it seems to be the modern world.

This is a Duco promotions event with Flemming. There is no charity aligned to it.

Lonergan used to do the fight for life, of which some proceeds went to him and some to yellow ribbon.

That was cool. He needs to make a living, and he raised a lot of money for charity.

But you show me the charity aligned to this. I have been to the website, I have researched it. There is no charity.

https://www.blackclash.co.nz/media

I mean Im not a grinch if others want to watch and enjoy it. I watched 2 overs of ice cricket before thinking it was horrible.

This is a straight up money maker for the promoters. Now I have no issue with professional sport, but this game is not at promotional sport level. This is like a charity or benefit fundraiser match. I agree with you.

This is a straight money maker for Duco and Flem, with presumably Henry and McCaw getting a cheque.

I doubt Murali and Jaya are playing for free neither!

I imagine some of the players will be getting more than expenses perhaps.

Henry played first class cricket.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzeala...yer/37381.html

5. Post
    Don't know if you have watched much rugby but if you've seen McCaw interviewed throughout his long career he came across as a top bloke & very humble with it can't remember anyone saying a bad word about him, if he does get a cheque he wouldn't hesitate for a second would give it to a charity & a few other players would probably do the same... Henry though wouldn't trust him as far as I can kick him, he's always smug & arrogant, he had complete control of the rugby panel to select the new AB coach & it was well known he wanted Foster selected as head coach & that's what happened when all the rugby supporters knew they selected the wrong candidate, most people wanted Robertson picked.

Ice cricket was never going to be a good watch... even though the cricket/rugby game doesn't appear to be for charity I'll definitely be watching it, the last time they played it was a ripper of a match.

6. Post
    signman wrote:
    Really enjoyed this match last time, so glad to see it's going to played again.

Name:  download.png
Views: 216
Size:  10.9 KB
    Fri 17th Jan {Napier} - 4.30pm

TEAM RUGBY :
    Graham Henry - Coach / selector
    Richie McCaw
    Israel Dagg
    Jason Spice
    Ofisa Tonu’u
    Beauden Barrett
    Jordie Barrett
    Aaron Smith
    Brad Weber
    Kaylum Boshier
    Derren Witcombe
    Plus International wildcards :
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    Mahela Jayawardene

TEAM CRICKET :
    Stephen Fleming – Coach / Captain
    Daniel Vettori
    Nathan Astle
    Grant Elliott
    Jacob Oram
    Hamish Marshall
    Chris Harris
    Kyle Mills
    Luke Ronchi
    Nathan McCullum
    Mathew Sinclair
    Plus wildcard to be named.
    signman we had these celebrity type T20 games in Oz over the years and they are always great fun.. draw large crowds. I do tho have one question: how pray tell can rugby players compete against seasoned cricketers. What was the score last time the tournament was played?

7. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    signman we had these celebrity type T20 games in Oz over the years and they are always great fun.. draw large crowds. I do tho have one question: how pray tell can rugby players compete against seasoned cricketers. What was the score last time the tournament was played?
    Was a real surprise mate Team Rugby won by 5 wickets with 5 balls to spare, each team had a sheila in it & Team Rugby had cricketers McCullum & Hussey the remainder were rugby players, McCullum top scored with 48 & All Black J.Barrett got 42no for TR... a fair few rugby players have played age group & some senior cricket before, also if you're a good athlete & have good eye–hand coordination you can perform pretty well in any sport just need to adapt to the skill sets

FROM 25th JAN MATCH - 2019
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...t-v-team-rugby

TEAM CRICKET : 168-8 in 20 overs (Grant Elliott 43, Chris Harris 24no, Luke Ronchi 16; Richie McCaw 2-31, Jordie Barrett 2-53) lost to TEAM RUGBY : 171-5 in 19.1 overs (Brendon McCullum 48, Jordie Barrett 42 no, Kaylum Boshier 30, Beauden Barrett 26; James Franklin 2-15) by five wickets.

TEAM RUGBY : Kieran Read (c), Richie McCaw, Israel Dagg, Brendon McCullum, Beauden Barrett, Jordie Barrett, Jason Spice, Ali Williams, Kendra Cocksedge, Kaylum Boshier, Ofisa Tonu'u, David Hussey.
    Coach : Sir Graham Henry.

TEAM CRICKET : Stephen Fleming (player-coach), Aaron Smith, Grant Elliott, Luke Ronchi, Kyle Mills, Chris Harris, Nathan Astle, James Franklin, Hamish Marshall, Liz Perry, Nathan McCullum.
    Manager/motivator : Scott Robertson.

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Trashy appalling money maker that is not even for charity. This is for Flem and Duco, with Richie and Graham getting a nice pay day too I am sure.

Won't be watching. Be nice if people would organize these things for charity, or even as player benefits for great servants to NZ intl cricket. Even if the promoted take a cut off the top for time, expenses, creativity. Etc...
    then it has been changed from last year where the money raised went to people living with Cystic Fibrosis

9. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    then it has been changed from last year where the money raised went to people living with Cystic Fibrosis
    Fibs.

We will also have volunteers collecting on behalf of Cystic Fibrosis NZ at the Christchurch Black Clash event on 25 January 2019.
    https://www.cfnz.org.nz/cricket/

That's people walking around with buckets asking for donations... Thats not a percentage of revenues...

https://www.cfnz.org.nz/news-and-eve...h-black-clash/

We are thrilled to be a charity partner for the event, helping to raise money for research, support, information and advocacy for children and adults living with cystic fibrosis in New Zealand.

But we need your help! We need 16 people to help collect money for us at the event. You will be given a free ticket for the event, to say thanks for supporting us.

Role: Roaming charity collectors

10 people needed between 2.30pm and 4pm
    6 people needed between 4pm and 6pm
    Volunteers will walk the crowds with a collection tin for a gold coin donation along with selling the official programme. You’ll be given a backpack, cash bum bag etc, and will be fully briefed and supported.
    Charity Partner? Lol. We graciously allow your volunteers to ask for donations at our money making event...

Might as well call Westfield Malls a charity partner to everyone...

Accept it - its a money maker for Flem, Duco and some rugby boys...

I for one hope, that some charity out there, notices this, and says, why don't we organise something?

Or better yet, have volunteers seeking gold coin donations for Flem, Henry, McCaw and Duco.

They did give the Rugby Players Assoc and Cricket Players Assoc 50k each though (these are not charities imo - even if the herald calls them one, correctly termed these are unions for present professional sportsmen that may be non profit). But make no mistake - its a money maker...

With the Black Clash being a commercial event, every entity involved is being compensated for their time and effort, including the players taking part in the match.

"From the suppliers, the contractors, we're paying tax to the New Zealand Government, the employees involved," Higgins said, "and the players making themselves available are getting a small amount. It certainly doesn't represent their time.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=12191400
    Last edited by Paddles; 7th January 2020 at 7:26 pm.

10. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C5..jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	228034
    20/20 BLACK CLASH
    Today {Napier} TV 1.
    {Build up from 4pm - starts 4.30pm}
    Last edited by signman; 17th January 2020 at 1:29 am.

11. Post
    Classic Ronchi, Jordie tearing them up

12. Post
    Hah, Rugby is kicking their arses again.

13. Post
    Players in their physical prime beat up on old has beens.

14. Post
    that ball that bowled Fleming would have had most batsman in trouble,

15. Post
    I put a free bet on Team Cricket to win at $3 when they were getting humped - so I am pretty happy.

16. Post
    Oram with the clutch though

17. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Players in their physical prime beat up on old has beens.
    Hamish Marshall legit hasn't changed in 20 years

18. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    that ball that bowled Fleming would have had most batsman in trouble,
    Yeah was a brilliant swinging yorker... really enjoyable watch & came down to the last ball to win it.