Bigpipe - Why am I regarded as Auckland when I am in Wellington

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Bigpipe - Why am I regarded as Auckland when I am in Wellington

Hey all,

Just wondering why is bigpipe showing that I am in auckland when my connection is based in wellington.

Lemme know thoughts.

Und.

2. Post
    Because your ISP is in Auckland. The internet is like a series of tubes ya know.

3. Post
    geoip databases are not overly accurate, ignore it

4. Post
    I live in Gisborne but I get adds about hot single girls in Taupo just waiting to hook up with me. Damn internet tubes :/

5. Post
    Maybe due to there being none in Gisborne? I used to show up as Auckland (CHCH based). But now that it's all on the exact same network (as I understand it) I show up as Spark CHCH.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 9th January 2020 at 4:10 pm.

6. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    I live in Gisborne but I get adds about hot single girls in Taupo just waiting to hook up with me. Damn internet tubes :/
    Don't do it, it's a trap!

7. Post
    I solved this problem by moving to Auckland. Now my IP resolves to the right place.

8. Post
    MilesSawyer wrote:
    Recently moved and have new internet set up. My Xbox says that I have a double NAT and it is strict. I googled some things and the most common result is to enable a bridge mode but I have no idea where that is. I looked all through the settings and found nothing. It is a TP Link router.
    Are you on Bigpipe currently? Who was your previous ISP and did your TP-Link router have any issues then?

9. Post
    dont bigpipe do CGNAT @tehyitz?

10. Post
    Undefineed wrote:
    dont bigpipe do CGNAT @tehyitz?
    Not anymore. Spark moved all the Skinny/Bigpipe customers onto their main network (which doesn't have CGNAT) ~2 years ago.

11. Post
    Because thats how backtracking your IP works. The consequences will never be the same.