1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Wasnt this rumored last year and nothing ever happened? lol.

3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Article literally says it's been rumoured for the last year.

4. Post
    Literally the Apple of the gaming world.

5. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Well the "lite" model was part of that rumour and that turned out to be true, also they released a refresh of the original model with improved battery life, even if it wasn't technically the rumoured "pro" model.

But rumours aside, an upgraded model at some point is basically a certainty given Nintendo's track record with this stuff.

6. Post
    I think I will at this point stick with the V2 Switch and save my money for the PS5

7. Post
    I'd be keen for "Pro" version but only after the PS5 comes out.

8. Post
    My answer is the same as it was a year ago:- If a Switch "Pro" comes out, I'll double-dip and soft-mod my current OG model so it can run emulators and homebrew.

9. Post
    This is where the big players are going to start having issues I think...... keep releasing "more powerful" versions of the same product each year is just gonna piss off consumers. a PC generally lasts 3 years before someone starts looking at upgrades, consoles are getting like iPhones, new one every year. Same s***, different year.
    Just my 2c.

10. Post
    XPD wrote:
    This is where the big players are going to start having issues I think...... keep releasing "more powerful" versions of the same product each year is just gonna piss off consumers. a PC generally lasts 3 years before someone starts looking at upgrades, consoles are getting like iPhones, new one every year. Same s***, different year.
    Just my 2c.
    Yeah, the PS4 Pro was 3 years after launch, so that's fair amount of time I think.

11. Post
    Switch was released in 2017 so that's also 3 years?

12. Post
    XPD wrote:
    Just my 2c.
    i mean its no different than how phones work now. We get new phones every year but we're not forced to upgrade every year. And actually this would be less frequent than phones. I think consumers would be fine with a new upgrade every 3 years for many people thats better value than PC gaming. Where the upgrade frequency is more like every 2/2.5 years.

13. Post
    Inkling wrote:
    Switch was released in 2017 so that's also 3 years?
    There have been different switch models since then though, only one PS4 Pro

14. Post
    Day 1 purchase all I want is higher resolution

And more game too, far too games on the switch worth playing

15. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    There have been different switch models since then though, only one PS4 Pro
    One's just a hardware revision/refresh of the main model, which the PS4 also had (the "slim" model and others). The other isn't "more powerful" nor is it marketed as an upgrade - it's a cheaper, neutered alternative.

I understand the sentiment, just think your guys' comparison was a little unfair.

16. Post
    stop releasing new hardware and focus on exclusives

17. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    stop releasing new hardware and focus on exclusives
    Why not both