1. Cool

I need some gaming monitors

As I'm sure you all know, games are for children however I need a couple of gaming monitors as the missus and I are getting bored in Europe.

There is WAY to many Asus ROG monitors to know what's what.

I want 144hz and IPS, ideally 4k too but those ones seem very expensive at the moment so 1440p will do.

Anything else I should be looking at?
    Last edited by Privoxy; 11th January 2020 at 1:51 am.

2. Post
    Lg does good ones

3. Post
    Don't fight it privoxy you are still a child at heart

4. Post
    lg 27GL850-B is probably what you're after. 27" 144mhz 1440p IPS and hardware unboxed reviewed it around 4ms average with 0 errors
    Last edited by ajaxx; 11th January 2020 at 8:11 am.

5. Post
    The Asus PG279Q is still their top 27" but its old now and not well stocked in NZ at least. It still beats the LG in some ways but was typically $250 more than the LG (mainly due to G-sync) and has a rep for excessive black light bleed.

I like my PG279Q but id go for the LG 27GL850-B these days as its better value.

6. Post
    Even thought its not IPS but cousin has a Dell S2719DGF he got on special for $650. I usually hate TN's but this new generation panel was far better than what ive seen in regards to viewing angle and colours

7. Post
    So the 27GL850 looked a goer but reddit users here aren't impressed with it https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...sane_and_only/ apparently supporting g-sync and being g-sync enabled are different things.

8. Post
    That's a pretty old thread, I haven't seen any negatives comments from owners in regards to the adaptive sync implementation. TFTcentral reviewed it and it fared well.

It is officially G-sync compatible from Nvidia, so whilst Freesync is clearly technically inferior to G-sync it comes buyer preference.
    With G-sync you get the best adaptive sync tech, but pay more and are locked into using an Nvidia GPU.

9. Post
    And I'm back. So the PCs are ordered but still need some monitores, turns out the 27GL850 is 100% out of stock in all of Europe and nbody knows when more stock is coming in.

Starting to look at the PG279Q but since thats a price jump to ~700 euro is there anything else in this price range to concider?
    Last edited by Privoxy; 16th January 2020 at 8:23 am.

10. Post
    Have kids instead then you wont need these anymore.

11. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    terrible advice

12. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Have you seen the price of kids these days? Makes Ultra high end PC gaming look cheap.

13. Post
    Go ultrawide and grab an Alienware 3418dw at that price range.

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Have you seen the price of kids these days? Makes Ultra high end PC gaming look cheap.
    Can confirm, just had to buy a second car seat for the other car. This is before I have to buy a new, more suitable family car.

15. Post
    I've been using the LG 32GK850G-B, i love the larger screen and its a decent VA panel. I'd like IPS but for a decent one at that size theyre considerably more expensive. If you want a 27-28" then cant really go past the Asus PG279Q

16. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    lg 27GL850-B is probably what you're after. 27" 144mhz 1440p IPS and hardware unboxed reviewed it around 4ms average with 0 errors
    Seems a bit hard to find stock?

17. Post
    I managed to find two of the LG, one in Germany and the other in Spain so I'm all sorted.

I've only hooked my Mac into one for a quick test and it's hard going down from my 5k LG, I can see pixels and everything. Good this is just for games!