1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    There's a story about a hare and a tortoise where the hare thinks they're so far ahead of the tortoise in their running race that he decides to take a little nap and guess what happens? I feel that story is relevant to how Sony is approaching their marketing of the PS5 so far. From first announcing it in a PC magazine to not offering any response of their own to Microsofts reveal of the Series X, and now skipping E3, I'm scratching my head at their decisions so far.

Remember when Microsoft said at their E3 conference for Xbox One that you couldn't share physical games or swap the HDD? Then Sony did those little videos in their hotel room of them sharing games and swapping the harddrives? Now Microsoft have just announced that there'll be no exclusive games in the first year of Series X, that's like a boxer lowering their gloves, closing their eyes and waving their chin in the other boxers face, and instead of taking advantage to deliver a serious blow Sony are like "we're good". Yes they can do their own events and other shows for PS5, but E3 is the most well known and arguably the biggest marketing event for the industry, why they'd want to skip it boggles the mind.

3. Post
    Sony already replied to Microsoft by announcing the PS5 will have exclusives at launch

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Sony already replied to Microsoft by announcing the PS5 will have exclusives at launch
    What does that have to do with E3?

Yes they can do their own events and other shows for PS5, but E3 is the most well known and arguably the biggest marketing event for the industry, why they'd want to skip it boggles the mind.

5. Post
    E3 isn't really what it used to be. Sony usually do their own events these days. I have a feeling a price is imminent.

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    E3 isn't really what it used to be. Sony usually do their own events these days. I have a feeling a price is imminent.
    so much this, they have expressed dislike/disdain for E3 in its current form anyway.

I have no problem with them skipping it again. (with the dwindling attendance i doubt it will be around for much longer anyway, at least in its current form)

for all we know the sole reasons for skipping it again this year is that the PS5 won't be out, and they don't have any massive titles still to show off for the PS4 at such a event without all the backlash they get for not having all the super massive exclusives/new IP's etc in the conference.

or maybe they have decided to stop showing things that are so far out from release. (highly doubt this though)

I'm fine with letting MS show all the games i'll be playing on PC/PlayStation anyway, at least it gives me a reason to watch the Xbox conference. maybe they'll even show something that is exclusive that will give me a reason to get a Xbox again.

7. Post
    Bucket list

8. Post
    I officially lost interest in E3 once they announced they'll have a bunch of online influencers at this year's show. E3 is only as good as the Devs and Companies that attend it.

I'll just watch the trailers/gameplay and try to avoid everything else, which is kinda sad cause I always looked forward to everything E3 had on offer.

Oh well, times change.