Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1996

1. Post
    <N> wrote:
    inb4 dropped and Patel retained if Wags returns...

Going to be such a mistake if they drop him for Wags.
    Sad, but probably true.

2. Post
    Jamieson looks more orthodox than two metre Peter.

3. Post
    <N> wrote:
    inb4 dropped and Patel retained if Wags returns...

Going to be such a mistake if they drop him for Wags. We don't need a spinner. Southee/Boult/Jamieson/Wagner/CdG is a bloody good and varied attack. Kane never bowls spinners in NZ, last resort.
    I have literally been bishing about us playing a spinner in NZ since Bruce Martin if not Vettori unavailable.

I made the posts before the Aus tour that there was no point in playing spinners there. At all bar SCG. I really did. Even gave all the stats.

And forget about a spinner in Safrica.

4. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    I have literally been bishing about us playing a spinner in NZ since Bruce Martin if not Vettori unavailable.

I made the posts before the Aus tour that there was no point in playing spinners there. At all bar SCG. I really did. Even gave all the stats.

And forget about a spinner in Safrica.
    As did most others on here...

5. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    As did most others on here...
    No most on here are still play a spinner just in case, tbh...

Jamieson may change things more than Henry or Kuggs, though...

6. Post
    Imagine if Patel was Will Young right now.

We'd be so far ahead.

I hope when CdG retires - who I adore as a test player in NZ - we just go a 4 prong seam attack in NZ and 6 batsmen unless Neesham demands selection with runs. Ditto for Santner.

7. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    No most on here are still play a spinner just in case, tbh...

Jamieson may change things more than Henry or Kuggs, though...
    I literally cannot remember anyone saying that.

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Imagine if Patel was Will Young right now.

We'd be so far ahead.

I hope when CdG retires - who I adore as a test player in NZ - we just go a 4 prong seam attack in NZ and 6 batsmen unless Neesham demands selection with runs. Ditto for Santner.
    Neesham would be the perfect replacement for CDG.

9. Post
    Damn Jamieson is impressive! The Australian tour came a little too early for him. Would have made a big impact there I think.

10. Post
    Jamieson is a chilled customer and a big temperament player.

To debut like this in ODI and Tests.

He has immense potential.

I am very excited.

11. Post
    Warriors55 wrote:
    Damn Jamieson is impressive! The Australian tour came a little too early for him. Would have made a big impact there I think.
    He just looks fit fot international cricket, I feel like he lifts a gear from domestic too...

12. Post
    Jesus Kyle

13. Post
    He is looking to take Southees 6 hitting crown haha

14. Post
    How good does Jamieson look.

15. Post
    Without Jamieson we would have collapsed for 260. Mature head on his shoulders.

Not afraid to play his shots but knows when to reign it in - unlike Southee.

16. Post
    Warriors55 wrote:
    Did it come too early? Or did NZC just select the classic, ‘safe’ options like non-performer Henry?

17. Post
    Warriors55 wrote:
    Without Jamieson we would have collapsed for 260. Mature head on his shoulders.

Not afraid to play his shots but knows when to reign it in - unlike Southee.
    m8 we still have the best #11 of all time to come

18. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Did it come too early? Or did NZC just select the classic, ‘safe’ options like non-performer Henry?
    You are right. We made a huge mistake not playing Jamieson and especially Ferguson in the England series in the lead up to that tour.

19. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    We need a parternship here to nail home the advantage. I just feel our batting is so short. But then Jamieson may just come out and strike a hundred the way his summer is going.
    Called it first.

20. Post
    <N> wrote:
    m8 we still have the best #11 of all time to come
    True! He certainly provides some entertainment.

21. Post
    cheeky test everage of +40 for Kyle. Not beeehhd, good soize

22. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Called it first.
    You really should have waited until he got that 100 until quoting yourself, so this is your fault :P

CdG was happy to take the backseat there... now he can go for it.

23. Post
    my fault

edit ^ agreed. Paddles' fault

24. Post
    India's best ever fieldsman, Jadeja, takes another catch, despite not being in the playing XI.

This is so Ashes 2005.

25. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    India's best ever fieldsman, Jadeja, takes another catch, despite not being in the playing XI.

This is so Ashes 2005.
    It was Vihari.