Results 1,976 to 1,996 of 1996

  1. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    No one wins in India though

    I am a christian and my favourite psalm is the old favourite
    "There is a time for weeping
    There is a time for sorrow
    There is a time for birth
    and a time for Joy
    There is a time for every season"

    We just beat the number one team in the world even if it was in home conditions because I can remember 8 years ago when we couldn't win here either against anyone good.

    They had
    Boomrah the much vaunted Boomrah and Shami bowling to us on pitch doing plenty
    They had Kohli
    They had Pujara
    They had Rahane

    The had Pant who you said was a top batsman

    They were basically at full strength. We won. Lets celebrate.

    Through some foolish logic that is in our favour we get 120 points for this series win the same as Australia got for beating us in three tests.
    We are back into the running for the test championship and are the number 2 team in the world at the moment.
    India wasnt at full strength... in the least...

    BK is injured, Hardik, the fast seam alllrounder is injured and opener Rohit is injured...

    India was a seam bowler short, and forced to play a spin allrounder in Jadeja/Ashwin over Hardik with VIhari being the 5th and spin option... Sharma missed the second test with injury too.

    Now I will celebrate this win. But every Indian cricket fan knows they were missing their opener, their allrounder and their best swing bowler.

    It seems NZ fans know every player injured in Aus, but has no idea who was injured touring NZ :P

    Tbh - the India team without injuries this test would look like this:

    1 Agarwal/Shaw - I prefer the former
    2 Rohit
    3 Pujara
    4 Koihli
    5 Rahane
    6 Vihari 5
    7 Pant/Rahul
    8 Hardik 4
    9 Sharma 3 BK
    10 Shami / BK
    11 Bumrah

  2. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Yeah - down hill skiers are like this.
    You're the main reason I barely post here these days eh, don't think I'll be back. You're just like Fella tbh.

  3. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You're the main reason I barely post here these days eh, don't think I'll be back. You're just like Fella tbh.
    Okay - fwiw I am never offended with your incessant swearing at people you disagree with... It is called being tolerant.

    One of us knows when someone started the no spinner campaign.. :-) Repeatedly...

    And one of us is having a tantrum over what?

    You don't need to leave N. Noone wants you to leave N.

    I love your input.

    But stop being so emotional in the difficult spots.

  4. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You're the main reason I barely post here these days eh, don't think I'll be back. You're just like Fella tbh.
    I don't want you to go. I like your views.

  5. Post
    For me, it just gets tiresome debating with Paddles, you can never win he will spend all day going back and forth. I just don't have time for that and his black and white thinking.

    He was always bring pages and pages of stats to back up his claim (how does he have time to do this btw does he work)? Just can't be bothered arguing with someone who just always comes back at you with a bunch of papers sitting at your desk. Thats why half the time you reply Paddles I don't reply back cause I literally cbf with the dribble and the great lengths you had to go through to back up your claim.

    Why am I bringing up stats? Cause I don't rely on them, I never ever go off by them solely at all, as they never paint the full picture. Cricket is one of the most in depth sports its impossible to get a measure of someones ability accurately.

    Sure I can be opinionated in my views, and that can be a double edged sword I get it but **** man. Its nice to have a debate with people without actually being a chore and feeling like homework

  6. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Kane set up game 1 - I am far more worried about Henry and Blundell...
    What in the actual **** is it with you and Blundell did he **** your misses or something?

    I'd be getting rid of Taylor right now before Blundell, Taylors inconsistent ass is doing my head in and he should probably move aside to make way for others to prolong his international career if he still wants to stick around. Hes definately in the side for ODIS and t20s but if we wanna talk stats.. his average against the top 4, hell even throw Pakistan in there and its 32.00 which is shocking for a player in the game as long as him.

    Its weird how Taylor is never talked about when hes probably amongst the worst in the team atm batting wise? why is that? bias paddles. bias

    I will say I agree wholeheartedly with the Boult stuff though, you can tell hes just got comfortable in the team now and doesn't put in 100% at all times and I hope he didn't show up this game just so he never got outshown massively by Jamieson.

    I could be wrong, but yes Boult definately has been below par for a while now overall

  7. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    What in the actual **** is it with you and Blundell did he **** your misses or something?

    I'd be getting rid of Taylor right now before Blundell, Taylors inconsistent ass is doing my head in and he should probably move aside to make way for others to prolong his international career if he still wants to stick around. Hes definately in the side for ODIS and t20s but if we wanna talk stats.. his average against the top 4, hell even throw Pakistan in there and its 32.00 which is shocking for a player in the game as long as him.

    Its weird how Taylor is never talked about when hes probably amongst the worst in the team atm batting wise? why is that? bias paddles. bias

    I will say I agree wholeheartedly with the Boult stuff though, you can tell hes just got comfortable in the team now and doesn't put in 100% at all times and I hope he didn't show up this game just so he never got outshown massively by Jamieson.

    I could be wrong, but yes Boult definately has been below par for a while now overall
    well the stats of the last year support your argument :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    For me, it just gets tiresome debating with Paddles, you can never win he will spend all day going back and forth. I just don't have time for that and his black and white thinking.

    He was always bring pages and pages of stats to back up his claim (how does he have time to do this btw does he work)? Just can't be bothered arguing with someone who just always comes back at you with a bunch of papers sitting at your desk. Thats why half the time you reply Paddles I don't reply back cause I literally cbf with the dribble and the great lengths you had to go through to back up your claim.

    Why am I bringing up stats? Cause I don't rely on them, I never ever go off by them solely at all, as they never paint the full picture. Cricket is one of the most in depth sports its impossible to get a measure of someones ability accurately.

    Sure I can be opinionated in my views, and that can be a double edged sword I get it but **** man. Its nice to have a debate with people without actually being a chore and feeling like homework
    Hate those factual and statistical arguments right? Better to ad hominem about work jobs n stuff right? Do I work? Or have I made enough money already to not o work? Am I retired? Do people work for me instead? Maybe I am a student? Who knows... You want to to dox me? Or just ad hominem me?

    Love the ad hominems... Screams uneducated to me

    Its drivel - not dribble - they possibly sound the same to you - I get that - and excuse it. Yw. But its really drivel not dribble - unless you are being rude to those more intellectually challenged. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

    Lets go with - I literally have enough time and money to watch cricket and post on forums. And am possibly educated enough to know the difference between drivel and dribble. At a guess
    Last edited by Paddles; 3rd March 2020 at 12:33 am.

  8. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    What in the actual **** is it with you and Blundell did he **** your misses or something?

    I'd be getting rid of Taylor right now before Blundell, Taylors inconsistent ass is doing my head in and he should probably move aside to make way for others to prolong his international career if he still wants to stick around. Hes definately in the side for ODIS and t20s but if we wanna talk stats.. his average against the top 4, hell even throw Pakistan in there and its 32.00 which is shocking for a player in the game as long as him.

    Its weird how Taylor is never talked about when hes probably amongst the worst in the team atm batting wise? why is that? bias paddles. bias

    I will say I agree wholeheartedly with the Boult stuff though, you can tell hes just got comfortable in the team now and doesn't put in 100% at all times and I hope he didn't show up this game just so he never got outshown massively by Jamieson.

    I could be wrong, but yes Boult definately has been below par for a while now overall
    Prob cos he averaged more than Nicholls and KW this past year - and Cdg too... ftm Wait its my bias. My Bias...

  9. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    well the stats of the last year support your argument :P

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hate those factual and statistical arguments right? Better to ad hominem about work jobs n stuff right? Do I work? Or have I made enough money already to not o work? Am I retired? Do people work for me instead? Who knows... You want to to dox me? Or just ad hominem me?

    Love the ad hominems... Screams uneducated to me

    Its drivel - not dribble - they possibly sound the same to you - I get that - and excuse it. Yw. But its really drivel not dribble - unless you are being rude to those more intellectually challenged. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

    Lets go with - I literally have enough time and money to watch cricket and post on forums. And am possibly educated enough to know the difference between drivel and dribble. At a guess
    What in the **** mate, you made me laugh but you call me out on doing this shit then do the same but worse. I like how you grasp at straws to

    Oh no sweet jesus I said dribble instead of drivel. who gives a ****. I like my way. chur

  10. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    What in the **** mate, you made me laugh but you call me out on doing this shit then do the same but worse. I like how you grasp at straws to

    Oh no sweet jesus I said dribble instead of drivel. who gives a ****. I like my way. chur
    Okay - so we agreed. I made you grasp at straws "too" right? . You don't know drivel from dribble. All good. Carry on.

    Back to your Taylor argument...

    I just needed to clarify what you meant in English...

    See you can ride my posts and my back all you like... but why? Why am I such a target for you? Cos you disagree with my opinions? Am I not allowed a differing opinion to you?

    I do not like Blundell as an opening bat. Its really simple. He is FC wicket keeper middle order bat who got luck y with a Will Young injury and and a masive losing test century at MCG. I am not sorry if it offends you. Deal with it like a grown up. It is my opinion. Anything else - give me details.


    Act like a grown up. Not everyone agrees on everything. Be polite. I am not bias against Blundell. I don't even know him. I have no issue with Wellington. Or anything else. SO WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING I AM BIASED AGAINST HIM??????? Because everytime you accuse me of bias - you call my character biased. You insult me. With no proof. No support. Nothing.

    My argument is simple - he doesnt have the runs to be a test opener in FC... He does not have the FC expereince int he top order either. It is not bias. So where is the BIASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that you keep claiming?
    Last edited by Paddles; 3rd March 2020 at 12:42 am.

  11. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You're the main reason I barely post here these days eh, don't think I'll be back. You're just like Fella tbh.
    I will be gutted if you go
    Please sleep on it for a few days

    Fella was off this Planet

  12. Post
    Oh you're allowed to disagree Paddles, its how you disagree.. how I interpret your 'drivel' is I'm right you're wrong and its said in a very condescending way, even wrighty is like that at times.

    I might be the same, but I eventually just either give up arguing the point or move on to something else nowadays but you will keep going like a rabid dog till someone submits to your opinion.


    Anyways about Taylor, I just think he needs to move on from Tests his time is done and it would be far more beneficial for him to retire, stick to the shorter forms rather than be selfish and stick around. Its a bitter pill to swallow as I love Taylor but hes just not the hero he was for us in tests all those years ago where he would standup

  13. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Oh you're allowed to disagree Paddles, its how you disagree.. how I interpret your 'drivel' is I'm right you're wrong and its said in a very condescending way, even wrighty is like that at times.

    I might be the same, but I eventually just either give up arguing the point or move on to something else nowadays but you will keep going like a rabid dog till someone submits to your opinion.


    Anyways about Taylor, I just think he needs to move on from Tests his time is done and it would be far more beneficial for him to retire, stick to the shorter forms rather than be selfish and stick around. Its a bitter pill to swallow as I love Taylor but hes just not the hero he was for us in tests all those years ago where he would standup
    Fascinating views on Taylor
    Interesting thesis you have presented
    I will have a look at his last ten innings and then respond tomorrow
    My knee jerk reaction is to agree with you and I have a story from my own playing days

    When I was about 38 I was over the hill and playing in a lower level grade because I was fat etc
    I opened and the bowling was beneath me as I had faced far better
    But it wasn’t shit bowling either

    I tried to dominate it immediately because they weren’t at my level and I got out being too ambitious early in my inning

    Then some crap batsman went in and really applied himself to the best of his abilities and scored a determined 40

    He made that 40 because he paid the price

    Taylor is a next level batsman and has 40 centuries

    He is too good to be ****ed putting in the effort to graft in tests any more

    He is older and better than the bowlers

    And when you feel demonstrably better than the bowlers then they can’t keep you in check enough to make you graft

    I scored more runs in higher grades than I did in Lower grades as it is hard to get up for it
    Taylor looks like he doesn’t care about succeeding in tests anymore or at least it is apparent to
    Me he won’t pay the price anymore

    Edit

    The bowling needs to stretch you or you won’t bat properly
    Taylor would do better at a theoretical level of cricket one level up from test cricket

  14. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Oh you're allowed to disagree Paddles, its how you disagree..
    Your emotions = your feelings...

    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    how I interpret your 'drivel' is I'm right you're wrong and its said in a very condescending way, even wrighty is like that at times.
    Your emotions = your feelings. You called me biased with no reason in fact. You brought up my career. Or lack there of. Or any thing in between. And now here you are - telling me how I disagree. After these ad hominems. I am sorry my opinions are too well worded for you that it becomes "I'm wright and you;re wrong" for you. I would never have such a problem with any inductive argument myself - let alone then be offended like you.

    I literally took the mickey out of your vocabulary with drivel vs dribble, or lack there of. I know exactly what I did. I will do it again to you happily and proudly. You attacked me with bias. With no reason. You attacked my reasoning. Now you attack my communication skills. Well - one of us knows dribble from drivel. And you interpret the right and wrong part. Not me. That's your emotions. Your feelings. Certainly not my inductive logic. So including the drivel and dribble part, you earnt that. And you got that.

    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    I might be the same, but I eventually just either give up arguing the point or move on to something else nowadays but you will keep going like a rabid dog till someone submits to your opinion.
    You literally brought up my career and called me bias. There is no higher ground for you from now on. You literally reached into the bottom of the ad hominem barrell posts back. No offense. But you did. I can forgive it. But you did do it. Own it. Be proud of it - or apologize for it. I don't care either which you do.


    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    Anyways about Taylor, I just think he needs to move on from Tests his time is done and it would be far more beneficial for him to retire, stick to the shorter forms rather than be selfish and stick around. Its a bitter pill to swallow as I love Taylor but hes just not the hero he was for us in tests all those years ago where he would standup
    Well now you want to talk cricket and not me... I am shocked. I am too used to being told I am biased with no reasons to know how to remotely process a reasoned argument from you now - bar Taylor still out performed CdG, KW and Nicholls this past off and on season in tests.

    Inductive reasoning is inductive reasoning. I will not apologize for having an opinion. Ever. It doesn't mean I am right and you are wrong. For the purposes of a free liberal arts education for you, it's an opinion. I have the right to an opinion. Snow flakes have opinions too. If you don't like mine - or don't want to read it - don't simply call me bias cos it disagrees with you and if its supported with stats, don't complain I have the time and the ability to find the stats.

    I hope you find this strongly opined and not condescending by the way.
    Last edited by Paddles; 3rd March 2020 at 1:55 am.

  15. Post
    I'm just gonna put you on my ignore list paddles.You ain't looked in the mirror lately and its sad cause you can't see what I'm calling you out on cause your views are shrouded in arrogance.

    I mean **** look at how long you have gone on about dribble and drivel? Really? Why is this even worth debating or hanging someone over?

    Everyone is entitled to opinion, but when people give theirs you dismiss it and proclaim yours as factual and truth. BECAUSE LOOK AT THE STATS I BRING

    But see this is what I mean, you go on and on and on, if you have a wife I feel sorry for her, I could go on but nah, welcome to ignore list buddy!
    Last edited by Chaosfollowsme; 3rd March 2020 at 8:48 am.

  16. Post
    wrighty wrote:

    I take offence at you coming into a thread you normally never post in and start criticising the regular posters.
    The regular posters in this thread are a community and are online pals.
    We talk about cricket every day to each other and we value each others thoughts.
    Please go away if you mean us harm or want to add negativity to the atmosphere. Your attack was unprovoked and unnecessary.
    We are talking about cricket in this forum which is on topic.
    If you don't think Will Young is a good player I for one would like to hear why. Make a constructive post pointing out why he is overrated rather than making a drive by post that was not conducive to collegial conversations.

    I won't speak on behalf of Paddles but I will speak on my own behalf...I live by myself and use sports forums to connect with humans at night time. Don't ruin that for me if that is all I have in my life. Please find some other forum on this web sire to read if you don't like me and Paddles as we each make 5 to 10 posts day and are the most prolific posters on the cricket site.

    If you are sick of us jog on. You don't make any posts here anyway, or at most one every six months so you don't really have a voice in this community to make a complaint in the first place. Nor does RockWWE whoever he is.
    It's ok mate, I love reading the bants between you guys and appreciate having a secret cricket forum to get my hot takes from. We may not all post everyday, but some of use have been coming here for 15 years. Keep it up xxx

  17. Post
    Dead Sexy wrote:
    It's ok mate, I love reading the bants between you guys and appreciate having a secret cricket forum to get my hot takes from. We may not all post everyday, but some of use have been coming here for 15 years. Keep it up xxx
    Thanks for your well crafted and polite message. All your points were noted cheers.

  18. Post
    To heef and warriors
    Sorry our site had a bust up
    Happens once every two years or so
    Last time was me and signman ( on the same side ) vs The infamous Fella.

  19. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Kane set up game 1 - I am far more worried about Henry and Blundell...
    Kane's stats the last 12 months are not great.

  20. Post
    Paddles wrote:

    Lets see where is where. I aint taking the guy averaging under 40 in FC and 30.6 in test this year... I make no apologies for it right now. I think its fooolish.
    How unfortunate for Blundell that his best innings in test cricket was played a week before this year begun.

    Seriously though, if you look at his efforts this season, he's averaging 40+ opening the batting against probably the two best fast bowling attacks in the world. It's nothing to be sneezed at. I'm not sold on him as an opener yet, but he fully deserves an extended run in the role.

  21. Post
    Ben85 wrote:
    if you look at his efforts this season, he's averaging 40+ opening the batting against probably the two best fast bowling attacks in the world. It's nothing to be sneezed at. I'm not sold on him as an opener yet, but he fully deserves an extended run in the role.
    very well said mate... have to see how he performs on slow low wickets like in India, but fully deserves to be the other incumbent opener going into the next test series, thought Blundell was pretty unlucky to be given out, looking at the replay didn't look like the bowler had any part of his heel behind the line, should've been a no-ball.