1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    you can get a much larger, thicker laminated/bamboo tabletop and buy leg attachments for a fraction of the price.

3. Post
    Obvious ad is obvious.

4. Post
    lmao overpriced af
    fail

5. Post
    yeah, nah, aye

6. Post
    Look out for Bluetooth on sit/stand desks. Ripe for pranks!

7. Post
    oh dear
    didn't realise you guys needed the money that bad

8. Post
    Don't listen to those kents. I'm going to order one because of this review :wink:

9. Post
    With no pricing listed, it does read like a paid promotion.

I went to the website to find out the price, but noped out - build your own desk, then they tell you the price? GTFO!

I'm all for GP branching out into hardware reviews etc, but they need to be straight up, include prices, and have full disclosure (did GP buy the desk, or was it given to them?)

10. Post
    No con's lol I call BS.

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    With no pricing listed, it does read like a paid promotion.

I went to the website to find out the price, but noped out - build your own desk, then they tell you the price? GTFO!

I'm all for GP branching out into hardware reviews etc, but they need to be straight up, include prices, and have full disclosure (did GP buy the desk, or was it given to them?)
    I don't quite follow your logic.

Do you think GP pays out of pocket for all the games they review?

I went to the website, hit shop now and a price was listed. The price varies depending on the specific configuration you select.

I'm all for transparency, but it's a review site... it's not like a paid "review" in Metro magazine.

12. Post
    the standard desks have prices listed, the build your own custom is different i guess. Bit too expensive for me personally

13. Post
    Warehouse stationary for life!

14. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    the standard desks have prices listed, the build your own custom is different i guess. Bit too expensive for me personally
    Yeah nah, there's only one option?

"Build your Stand Desk

Select your desk size, bamboo desktop colour and frame colour below. Desk includes cable management and wireless device charger as standard."

There's a default selection with a price listed, and if you change the options the price changes

15. Post
    TBH, we never take money or other forms of compensation for the games and gear companies send us for review here at Gameplanet I'm just digging this desk and like the way the company operates.

16. Post

17. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I don't quite follow your logic.

Do you think GP pays out of pocket for all the games they review?

I went to the website, hit shop now and a price was listed. The price varies depending on the specific configuration you select.

I'm all for transparency, but it's a review site... it's not like a paid "review" in Metro magazine.
    Astronug wrote:
    TBH, we never take money or other forms of compensation for the games and gear companies send us for review here at Gameplanet I'm just digging this desk and like the way the company operates.
    Sorry, wasn't meaning to cast shade. It was just such a gushing review, of what sounds like an expensive product, but doesn't mention the price, even as a ball-park figure, at all. That's why it seemed like part of the reason for such a glowing review was because it was free.

You can see from the comments of others that i wasn't the only one who thought that.

18. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Sorry, wasn't meaning to cast shade. It was just such a gushing review, of what sounds like an expensive product, but doesn't mention the price, even as a ball-park figure, at all. That's why it seemed like part of the reason for such a glowing review was because it was free.

You can see from the comments of others that i wasn't the only one who thought that.
    No apology necessary at all! I did say "For under a thousand dollars, you're getting premium-quality and design." but I probably should have been a lot more specific so it's definitely a fault on my part!

I'll be sure to mention pricing more accurately going forward

19. Post
    Will you review Raid: Shadow Legends?

20. Post
    They aren't even that expensive.

I got mine (thicker, better motors) for around $1200+GST. Had it now for around 4 years.

This has always been the problem with NZ - don't want to spend the money. Good shit costs good money.