(3 votes)

1. Post
    Of course China is downplaying the numbers. China is ass hoe

2. Post
    china more like chi nah

3. Post
    China #1

4. Post
    We (outside China) seem to be running about a month behind the trend line for Covid-19

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monthbehind.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	228214

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

There is a much higher chance of catching this disease than the flu. But the measles is even more infectious.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

But that does not mean we should not be cautious, due to the fact the fatality rate is still unknown (0.1% to 15% or 1 out of 1,000 or 1 out 6).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...fatality_rates

It does seem the the focus for this should be at the most vulnerable (very young or very old) and the rest can self-isolate at home and recover without burdening the health systems.

5. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    We (outside China) seem to be running about a month behind the trend line for Covid-19

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monthbehind.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	228214

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

There is a much higher chance of catching this disease than the flu. But the measles is even more infectious.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

But that does not mean we should not be cautious, due to the fact the fatality rate is still unknown (0.1% to 15% or 1 out of 1,000 or 1 out 6).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...fatality_rates

It does seem the the focus for this should be at the most vulnerable (very young or very old) and the rest can self-isolate at home and recover without burdening the health systems.
    highest percentage of deaths is in the 15-49 age group (on a graph i saw but who knows how accurate anything is)

6. Post
    That is also the largest grouping range, so that is not surprising.

7. Post
    How about the 29-31 age group?

Edit: Asking for a friend.

8. Post
    If he is vulnerable to some other diseases due to weakened immune systems he is f**ked.

Been following this guy of late ... quite a good summary each day of what is happening on this in the news.

9. Post
    Some MSM finally admitting that Corona-chan could've escaped from one of the nearby virology labs.

Ariang is a South Korean channel for international servicemen. Koreans have little reason to tow PRC communist party line like the sissies at the WHO.

10. Post
    snopes sux

11. Post
    Q_J wrote:
    snopes sux
    Agree ... the party poop all the interesting stuff

12. Post
    I'm meant to be going to 3 cities in the next 2 months that all have confirmed cases.. I reckon most of these trips will be cancelled.

Ruts, I wanted to go to Zagreb

13. Post
    Shouldn't be too bad if you're reasonably fit and healthy and have a massive amount of hand santizer and masks.

14. Post
    Probably a bit selfish since alot of people are really suffering out there but man this damn virus has really screwed up my bank account the last few weeks I work as an admin worker for a freight company and most of the stuff I deal with is imported from China for The Warehouse. So I went from doing 40-50 hours per week to only 20-25 & only get paid for the hours I actually do

15. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Probably a bit selfish since alot of people are really suffering out there but man this damn virus has really screwed up my bank account the last few weeks I work as an admin worker for a freight company and most of the stuff I deal with is imported from China for The Warehouse. So I went from doing 40-50 hours per week to only 20-25 & only get paid for the hours I actually do
    Sorry to hear that man - I imagine AliExpress businesses will be feeling the pinch right now too.

16. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    Sorry to hear that man - I imagine AliExpress businesses will be feeling the pinch right now too.
    Thx yeah probably alot of people worse off than me. Upside is I have alot more time to game and watch Netflix etc now lol.

17. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    this is the real concern with the virus, job security and supply chains breaking down. it's already happening and the virus doesn't even need to be in the country.

it's crazy how vulnerable the economy and our systems are

18. Post
    I think we can now safely say when instead of if it gets here;

Here is what you need;

1: Toilet Paper - start stocking up now
    2: Food and supplies - at least a month worth in your pantry (Peanut Butter is a good source of Protein, etc. )
    3: Medications - aim to have at least 3 months as many generic medicines now come from China
    4: Money - build up some reserves for those low or no income days and weeks

I'd start to build these up now, and even if it is not as bad you could use it after the crisis subsides as it will.

Follow this; https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/

19. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Shouldn't be too bad if you're reasonably fit and healthy and have a massive amount of hand santizer and masks.
    hate to tell you but most common masks are useless , you are better off just keeping your distance from people and washing your hands. The only time masks are helpful is if you have the virus and they stop you sneezing on people

20. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:

Here is what you need;

2: Food and supplies - at least a month worth in your pantry (Peanut Butter is a good source of Protein, etc. )
    3: Medications - aim to have at least 3 months as many generic medicines now come from China

I'd start to build these up now, and even if it is not as bad you could use it after the crisis subsides as it will.

Good advice, worst case scenario you don't have to stock up on food/supplies for awhile. And we already know supermarkets empty quickly in a panic

21. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:

Here is what you need;

here's some better advice: stop watching youtube and reading bullshit subreddits.

22. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    here's some better advice: stop watching youtube and reading bullshit subreddits.
    emergency kit is a good idea, kinda retarded to not have one in nz

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Corona virus spreads through airfreight?

I don't understand the connection.

Where am I going to get my underpants now?

24. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Corona virus spreads through airfreight?

I don't understand the connection.

Where am I going to get my underpants now?
    lol alot of warehouses and factories over there have shut down so obviously there's less stuff being made to import. The less stuff being imported the less shipping documents and shit that need to be processed. I deal with sea freight so I think some ports over there have been affected as well. Plus Chinese New Year didn't help either since lots of businesses over there are closed for 2 weeks during that period. I'm just a lowly casual so I don't know all the ins and outs. I just know its affecting me personally as well as the company I work for.

At least I have a decent amount of savings to keep me afloat until this shit passes.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 26th February 2020 at 11:36 pm.