1. Post

Coronavirus

covid19.govt.nz

health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus

google.com/covid19-map

--------------------------------------
    ---------- Initial Post ----------
    --------------------------------------

As usual, The Chinese Government are covering up on how serious/widespread this has become. There is currently no vaccine with significant shortage of doctors and supplies to manage it.
    Last edited by Lethargic; 1st April 2020 at 4:42 pm. Reason: Added resources

2. Post
    Western predictions: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPE73G0X0AwhOp5.jpg
    Approximately ~250,000 infected

Cases are now reported in Australia, US and Europe.

3. Post
    Carnivorous virus?

4. Post
    more people die of the flu daily than this has killed in total. its a media panic fest like SARS.

5. Post
    may as well just get infected now to get it over with tbh

6. Post
    Konev wrote:
    more people die of the flu daily than this has killed in total. its a media panic fest like SARS.
    It's a panic fest because China are great at censorship. If there's any take-away from this it is that the Chinese don't give a **** about the rules.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...d-influencing/
    Officials failed to share information soon enough, disclosing it only to the world on Dec 31, though the mystery disease had been known for weeks, missing a “golden time period” to implement robust emergency measures, he said.

7. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Carnivorous virus?
    CARONA... it obviously spreads via beer.

8. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    It's a panic fest because China are great at censorship. If there's any take-away from this it is that the Chinese don't give a **** about the rules.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...d-influencing/
    Apparently people in the infected areas are self medicating like crazy.

Since they can buy just about every drug known to medical science, and lots that aren't, it must be fairly interesting.

9. Post
    Konev wrote:
    Whilst I agree this is currently a bit overblown, in no way was SARS a panic fest - a number of my colleagues were hospitalised, admitted to ICU and/or died due to the outbreak in Toronto.

It was well managed and contained, but for a while there it was ****ing scary.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

10. Post

11. Post
    I also dont think China is covering it up either it's been on all the major platforms

12. Post
    It'll reach here soon enough.

13. Post
    I forgot to get my mask!

14. Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm a needlessly anxious mess when it comes to these things, but teaching at a university with semester one imminent and working in a large open plan office with lots of international students who will be returning from overseas soon has me a bit hahahah welp.

(Also no grad student or TA seems to ever avoid the office no matter how bad their flu is due to the amount of work pressure we're under, everyone just tries to power through any sickness)

15. Post
    Do not worry friends, we are all safe. Virus is Contained thanks to Xi.

Name:  Screenshot_14.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  118.8 KB

16. Post
    Meanwhile realtime(updates every 12 hours apparently) map update of coronavirus :

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Reminds me of that WW3 game I used to play where I kill everyone with bioweapons.

17. Post
    So this is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

18. Post
    Building a hospital in 10 days is some C&C shit and I love it

Also I hope I do not die

19. Post
    Given the way things have been going in Aussie lately I wouldn't be surprised if it jumps across to Koalas and wipes them out.

20. Post
    Eat bats n koalas, win stupid prizes.

21. Post
    didnt Contagion start with a bat

e; was actually the end

22. Post

23. Post
    doubt there's bodies anywhere they aren't supposed to be,

been to a bunch of Chinese hospitals, pretty efficient and effective under normal conditions

24. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    So this is how the zombie apocalypse starts.
    Well a population reduction might help with climate change in the long-run ... ouch! ...