Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3981

1. Post
    Just finished my call out. 2 hours on the open road to the job and the roads were dead quiet. Really trippy actually. Maybe passed 20 or 30 vehicles in 2 hours.

Came up behind a 4wd with mountain bikes on it and another ute in front. Passed a cop car on the side of the road which then pulled out behind us. Lights came on and I pulled over, but he ignored me in my sign written van and pulled over the other 2. Saw another car pulled over in town. So they're doing something at least.

2. Post
    welp bout to me made redundant or stood down. First time in 7 years i wish i was back in nz right now . Australian politicans have to be some of the dumbest in the western world

3. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    welp bout to me made redundant or stood down. First time in 7 years i wish i was back in nz right now . Australian politicans have to be some of the dumbest in the western world
    Feel really bad for the likes of you and iNx and other Kiwis over there. From what I’ve read they aren’t really looking after you guys properly in all this.

4. Post
    Lol, just saw that UK passed this into law:

Attached Images

5. Post
    Boggles the mind over there hairdressers are ok to stay open.

Sheila's got to look good going to the hospital.

6. Post
    Yeah and my sister showed me a screenshot of a bar advertising takeaway drinks...

Edit: not just drinks, cocktails
    Last edited by TECHNOVIKING; 26th March 2020 at 5:40 pm.

7. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    Was watching Sky News this afternoon and couldn't believe how disorganised Australia was compared to NZ...

teelo7 wrote:
    Lol, just saw that UK passed this into law:
    UK not far behind

8. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    protip log on at midnight to make your booking, our local is booked out next 7 days and all slots for the new day(a week out) were gone before 2am.
    Countdown is doing Priority Assistance online delivery for people who're older and with comprised immune systems. I just applied for it recently. (Asked for too much info as usual) As it was pretty insane looking at the normal delivery times o_0 Are they all big as loads or something.

9. Post
    Had a last minute change in policy over how our work is to be delivered due to an equity issue, and it has made made it clear my job is going to be redundant when it comes to renew the contract :<

10. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

It's not a full lock-down like you guys, heaps of shit still open

11. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

Will probably be a closed casket anyway

12. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Had a last minute change in policy over how our work is to be delivered due to an equity issue, and it has made made it clear my job is going to be redundant when it comes to renew the contract :<
    Sounds like you're involved in a tertiary institution from your previous posts. Are you in a teaching/academic role ?

13. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    I've got a bad cold since I got my flu shot last week.

Most of the symptoms except a temperature, which I'm keeping an eye on.

Whatever I've got, it's not the flu. I've had that and it's way worse.
    Should probably add chest pain to my list.

Mine is no where near as bad as a flu, in fact its not even as bad as some colds i've had at the moment.

I had an unspecified upper respiratory infection earlier this year, that was gnarly. Four days moaning in bed with a temperature above 39 if i remember right. In bed for nearly a week. Fevered delirium, lost about 5kg. Sickest i've been in years.
    Last edited by Kid6o6; 26th March 2020 at 6:12 pm.

14. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Sounds like you're involved in a tertiary institution from your previous posts. Are you in a teaching/academic role ?
    Yes, but I'm being too specific about my employer if I specify anything further beyond "fml".

15. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Yes, but I'm being too specific about my employer if I specify anything further beyond "fml".
    Yeah fair shout. I'm very much concerned about the same thing happening to me - sounds like probably a similar situation at my institution.

16. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Manged to finally score a countdown delivery!
    How?? Logged in at midnight?

17. Post
    A relative at AirNZ still has their job for a few months, which is good news.

Sea Freight is a little poked in some sectors so they are trying to work the feasibility of increasing their cargo capacity.

18. Post
    Meanwhile in Belgium
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0F18A32-FA13-4789-AC1A-D06C48F087BA.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	228512

19. Post
    Well that was the wierdest walk ever. Quiet as anything but the people you do see will cross the road or walk in the middle of the road in order to keep 2m from you and you kind of just awkwardly wave to each other (from a distance) as you pass.

20. Post
    Thunderstorms on the next flight to Belgium.

21. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Thunderstorms on the next flight to Belgium.
    That last line

22. Post
    LOL

story checks out

23. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Meanwhile in Belgium
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0F18A32-FA13-4789-AC1A-D06C48F087BA.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	228512
    been a pleasure knowing you NZ, found my new home though

24. Post
    brand wrote:
    Well that was the wierdest walk ever. Quiet as anything but the people you do see will cross the road or walk in the middle of the road in order to keep 2m from you and you kind of just awkwardly wave to each other (from a distance) as you pass.
    Kind of a weird positive to take from it, but I noticed a lot of people out walking. Maybe people will realise it's actually quite enjoyable and is a good exercise. Saw a few fatties out who definitely don't regularly walk. Maybe it's going to start a good habit for some people.

25. Post