1. Post

Hey guys

How are we all tonight

2. Post
    Pretty good.

3. Post
    bored

4. Post
    past week ive been to two different countdowns and they were both out of lemons, i finally bought some today and theyre disgusting af

why is there a lemon shortage happening, and why is no one covering it?

5. Post
    Countdown fruit is generally pretty shit to be fair.

6. Post
    Hey girls

Superstar DJ

7. Post
    What. wrote:
    past week ive been to two different countdowns and they were both out of lemons, i finally bought some today and theyre disgusting af

why is there a lemon shortage happening, and why is no one covering it?
    Is it too early to make jokes about a certain Mexican beer?

8. Post
    Flies are driving me nuts. In before filth lord.

9. Post
    I go to azn vege and fruit shops for lemons and whatever else. Main brand supermarkets are a bit of a rip imo.

10. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    I go to azn vege and fruit shops for lemons and whatever else. Main brand supermarkets are a bit of a rip imo.
    On point dude.

"If anyone actually watching this for nutrition advice, he forgot to mention the most important thing. Get only what you have to get from the supermarket, fruit and veg way cheaper at the fruit shop. Get your rice and heaps of good stuff from Asian supermarket. Supermarkets are a mad scam, if we don't support them they will have to drop their prices."

11. Post
    This is the best man. I’m so glad we’re all back together and stuff. This is great.

Did you know about the party after the show? It’s gonna be the best, I’m so stoked! Take it easy, brah

12. Post
    I’ll destroy your sweater if you’re not careful Brad

13. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Countdown fruit is generally pretty shit to be fair.
    Mutton wrote:
    Not sure about New World/Foodstuffs, but Progressive Enterprises (Countdown etc), have a "middle man" operation that they own called Group Produce Supplies. GPS have a bunch of buyers that go to the markets and buy for the whole chain in that area. GPS then put their margin on and essentially sell it to the individual stores.

All the produce from the markets goes to GPS, and from there out to the supermarkets. This is why the produce is often old and sad (because it's sat a GPS for days while they have pissed about with the logistics/distribution), and why it's so expensive (their middle-man ticket-clipping).

Basically, the Countdown model sucks balls.

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Basically, the Countdown model sucks balls.
    I was wondering why pak n save always seems to have more variety in their cuts of meat. Countdown is boring af.

15. Post
    Bit bummed Andrew Brough died

16. Post
    scholar wrote:
    I was wondering why pak n save always seems to have more variety in their cuts of meat. Countdown is boring af.
    Progressive (aka Woolworths Australia) meats come from a Cabinet Ready Meat warehouse. They process all their meat there, package it and distribute it from the one location. That's why it's all so uniform and neatly packaged. They still have humans doing the work, but they are process workers, nothing like traditional in-store butchers. Source: I used to be a Computer Operator for Progressive. The CRM warehouse is pretty impressive.

17. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Source: I used to be a Computer Operator for Progressive. The CRM warehouse is pretty impressive.
    Interesting. Do they use SAP?

Do you know why are their self checkout machines so damn slow?

18. Post
    I am tired and sad

19. Post
    scholar wrote:
    Interesting. Do they use SAP?

Do you know why are their self checkout machines so damn slow?
    Because Australia. Lol. I dunno man I left in 2010. They did use SAP when I was there, I assume it's still in play.

20. Post
    Sunlight wrote:
    I am tired and sad
    Flick the bean and go to sleep. Easy.

21. Post
    In defence of Countdown, when I was home over xmas I went to buy some flake salt, cause I'm a ****ing hipster. New World wanted to charge what they charge (one Auckland mortgage) but their flake salt was packaged in plastic bags so of course it wasn't flake salt but rather just standard old table salt by the time it had got to the shelf. Went to Countdown, flake salt in boxes. Props Countdown, props.

22. Post
    Snowflake salty over snowflake salt?

23. Post
    Once you go SAP, you can't go back
    Last edited by snaffta; 10th March 2020 at 2:25 am.

24. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Snowflake salty over snowflake salt?
    ****in genius

25. Post
    Salubrious