1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    "We did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game," the developer explained.
    "Oops, we got caught misrepresenting our game"

Also, how can you claim to "want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III" while making the old client completely unusable? The mental gymnastics behind their statement could win gold at the Olympics.

3. Post
    it must be bad as Blizzard are now giving instant refunds for the game basically with no questions asked why

4. Post
    "we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted"

Absolute.

****ing.

Scumbags.

They have, and still are, blatantly falsely advertising this product and they have the sheer nerve to make that the players fault? They ****ed this whole thing up in so many ways, broke so many things and failed to deliver on a significant amount of promises they'd made and they can't even give their customers a proper ****ing apology.

I don't know what I expected, if I'm honest.

5. Post
    This is amazing, WTF happened? I had just assumed they were going to remake it in SC2 engine and like SC2

I am hearing they outsourced dev? (mind blown) Thier stock price is tanking, so this is another multi billion PR disaster for game company

They are now in Bethesda's position of having to have their next release fire really well

Way to ruin IP and beloved game company

6. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    They are now in Bethesda's position of having to have their next release fire really well

Way to ruin IP and beloved game company
    I'm not sure either company is that badly off. Tens of millions of people will still buy whatever turd they shove out next regardless

7. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    I'm not sure either company is that badly off. Tens of millions of people will still buy whatever turd they shove out next regardless
    And that's the issue, until the average consumer develops some standards and learns to vote with their wallet, flagrant bait and switch affairs like this will not just remain acceptable, but will become the new norm. After all, why make a quality product when the consumer will lap the shit up anyway?

8. Post
    Xev wrote:
    And that's the issue, until the average consumer develops some standards and learns to vote with their wallet, flagrant bait and switch affairs like this will not just remain acceptable, but will become the new norm. After all, why make a quality product when the consumer will lap the shit up anyway?
    Core gamers and normies do fall into line now and again. It's happening more often too.
    Eg:-
    • Xbone draconian DRM and Kinect requirement backtrack.
    • Star Wars Battlefront 2 lootbox backlash leading to sales disappointment.
    • Battlefield 5 not meeting EA's sales expectations after being told not to buy the game in face of legitimate, nuanced criticism.
    • Fallout 76 was a sales flop.
    Of course there's cases when the mainstream overwhelming outspends core gamers, like Pokemon SwSh being cheaply developed garbage; or the latest NBA 2K and FIFAs being broken messes at launch. All still sold several million copies.

9. Post

10. Post
    Heh , they made no mention of the updated 3rd party mods ownership EULA and removal of the players rights to any mod they create.

11. Post
    I use to think Blizzard was the one company who you knew was going to have a decent working game at launch. A well earnt reputation there
    Last edited by Snuffles; 5th February 2020 at 3:53 pm.

12. Post
    Basically Activision running another company into the ground just like EA.

Money/Profits> Product
    We can make money of half a$$ products why spend the time to develop polished proper stuff.

13. Post
    Snuffles wrote:
    I use to think Blizzard was the one company who you knew was going to have a decent working game at launch. A well earnt reputation there
    guess you didn't try to play Diablo 3 on PC as soon as it came out.....

Oh, i see what you did there.