1. Post
    theradio wrote:
    Very salty, incredibly bitter, very... wet. It kinda popped once I got through the shell. D-, would not try again.
    Was it a survival thing or like a truth or dare deal?

2. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Was it a survival thing or like a truth or dare deal?
    It was mostly a peer pressure thing (like most of the weird shit I've eaten), but they're readily available for sale in parts of SE Asia.

Rats taste surprisingly good.

3. Post
    Sounds like a party. Do you have worms now?

4. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Be aware if you do go to the TT and win your case, you will still be considered undesirable by PMs, as you will be seen as a troublesome tenant regardless. And just like trash talking your past employers, doing the same with previous landlords is not a good thing to do.
    Don't listen to this

5. Post
    Put toilet paper in your ears at night.

6. Post
    snaffta wrote:
    Put toilet paper in your ears at night.
    I already plug up my ears when I sleep because I'm a light sleeper

7. Post
    theradio wrote:
    It was mostly a peer pressure thing (like most of the weird shit I've eaten), but they're readily available for sale in parts of SE Asia.

Crickets are so good.

8. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Crickets are so good.
    As far as insects go, they're definitely one of the best. Tarantulas are gross.

9. Post
    theradio wrote:
    Very salty, incredibly bitter, very... wet. It kinda popped once I got through the shell. D-, would not try again.
    Thanks

10. Post
    theradio wrote:

I would happily eat rat but it'd take a lot to get me to eat an insect, and cockroaches/spiders are permanently off the menu.

I've always wondered what seagull would taste like, if they weren't carrying disease.

11. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Crickets are so good.
    We need to get used to the idea of eating insects, even though it's not something that is very palatable in Western society. It's going to be our saviour when the upcoming food crisis hits in the decades to come.

YUMMY!!!!!
    https://www.eatcrawlers.co.nz/produc...cket-flour-50g

12. Post
    ^ What kind of food would you put that in?

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    We need to get used to the idea of eating insects, even though it's not something that is very palatable in Western society. It's going to be our saviour when the upcoming food crisis hits in the decades to come.

YUMMY!!!!!
    https://www.eatcrawlers.co.nz/produc...cket-flour-50g
    Except insect decline is a serious issue too.

14. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    I've always wondered what seagull would taste like, if they weren't carrying disease.
    I have tried pigeon, not bad.

15. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    ^ What kind of food would you put that in?
    It says:
    For baking, simply substitute 10-20% of the standard flour for cricket flour, works great in breads, pizza bases, cookies and most recipes. Otherwise add directly into smoothies and protein shakes.

68.8% protein is pretty high.

16. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Due to people like the OP.

/crossed arms post

17. Post
    theradio wrote:
    Tarantulas are gross.
    Why? I avoided eating the insects in south east asia, though i was tempted by the scorpions on Khaosan Road. Surely insects are similar to crayfish eating wise??

18. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Don't listen to this
    The thing is a lot of bad PMs will see a name in the TT records and then go 'next'. It is just the filtering, PMs can do especially for highly desirable properties where there is a lot of applicants.

19. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    Don't listen to this
    You actually should. Tenants can be checked whether they've been to the TT before, and a LOT of landlords will just skip tenants who have and move onto the next applicant, regardless of reason.

20. Post
    Could you guys post some examples please?

21. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Due to people like the OP.

/crossed arms post
    ExcuUuUuuuse me

If I was into eating roaches this whole thread wouldn't exist

22. Post
    I believe with the new tenancy legislation, if a tenant is successful in a TT ruling then that info will not be made accessible.

23. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Could you guys post some examples please?
    Every "We have found a more suitable tenant" excuse is a possible example.
    swazi wrote:
    I believe with the new tenancy legislation, if a tenant is successful in a TT ruling then that info will not be made accessible.
    Now that is how it should be ... but then how would tenants find bad landlords or will the only successful tenant names be redacted and losing landlords remain.

24. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    it's ok we can just eat the jelly fish plastic monsters that will be the only things left in the oceans

25. Post
    @ OP -- one option is to issue the Property Manager with a 14 day notice to rectify.

https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/disputes...tenancies-act/

Before you need to go to the Tenancy Tribunal.