Results 76 to 100 of 170

  1. Post
    #76
    Giving a 14 day notice because you saw 2 cockroaches. My eyes are doing somersaults they're rolling in my head so much.

  2. Post
    #77
    KiwiTT wrote:
    @ OP -- one option is to issue the Property Manager with a 14 day notice to rectify.

    https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/disputes...tenancies-act/

    Before you need to go to the Tenancy Tribunal.
    What happened to being a trouble tenant?

  3. Post
    #78
    do it because **** landlords, they'll try and weasel out of paying every cent they can

  4. Post
    #79
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    ExcuUuUuuuse me

    If I was into eating roaches this whole thread wouldn't exist
    I think we've found the answer. You have a high protein and vitamin rich food source that is self-replenishing. You could make one of those fancy chef dishes you make with some bug butter.

  5. Post
    #80
    CODChimera wrote:
    do it because **** landlords, they'll try and weasel out of paying every cent they can
    You know who's also kunts, tenants and employees.

    Shit people are shit.

  6. Post
    #81
    bradc wrote:
    You know who's also kunts, tenants and employees.

    Shit people are shit.
    i guess the main difference would be that tenants want somewhere to live and landlords look to make a profit off of that

  7. Post
    #82
    I've had tenants that want to profit off the fact they're a tenant. Would you like a for instance?

  8. Post
    #83
    Sounds like how I want to surf the internet and ISPs look to make a profit off of that. Or I want to build a house but the council and the builder wants to make a profit off of it. Or I want to fill up fuel of my car and the government wants their cut. Or I go to the supermarket and they want to make a profit off the food I need to eat.

  9. Post
    #84
    Mutton wrote:
    I think we've found the answer. You have a high protein and vitamin rich food source that is self-replenishing. You could make one of those fancy chef dishes you make with some bug butter.
    Savage!

  10. Post
    #85
    swazi wrote:
    Sounds like how I want to surf the internet and ISPs look to make a profit off of that. Or I want to build a house but the council and the builder wants to make a profit off of it. Or I want to fill up fuel of my car and the government wants their cut. Or I go to the supermarket and they want to make a profit off the food I need to eat.
    what? all of those require significantly more work/expertise than a landlord

  11. Post
    #86
    Mutton wrote:
    I think we've found the answer. You have a high protein and vitamin rich food source that is self-replenishing. You could make one of those fancy chef dishes you make with some bug butter.
    I've been terrified of roaches since I was a kid. There is zero chance that one is going in my mouth ever. Like I couldn't even do it for Fear Factor.

  12. Post
    #87
    CODChimera wrote:
    what? all of those require significantly more work/expertise than a landlord
    Is that based on all your real world experience?

  13. Post
    #88
    Mutton wrote:
    What happened to being a trouble tenant?
    14 day notices dont go to the TT unless they have to.

    But yeah, cant use that PM anymore as a reference for another tenancies

  14. Post
    #89
    CODChimera wrote:
    what? all of those require significantly more work/expertise than a landlord
    Mate, you're dreaming. My weekends are maintaining property. I guess I could pay someone else to do it, but then I like doing cool shit that costs money.

  15. Post
    #90
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Crickets are so good.
    Can confirm. Very tasty!

  16. Post
    #91
    But this is an apartment block I'm talking about, like dorms or hotel rooms. If I pay full rent, is it unreasonable to want to live roach-free? If there is a pest control plan, why won't she tell me? If roaches are coming into an unoccupied room on second floor with no food or water source, at least not on day 1, and doing poos in the drawers, can they really say that there's no infestation somewhere close by?

  17. Post
    #92
    swazi wrote:
    Sounds like how I want to surf the internet and ISPs look to make a profit off of that. Or I want to build a house but the council and the builder wants to make a profit off of it. Or I want to fill up fuel of my car and the government wants their cut. Or I go to the supermarket and they want to make a profit off the food I need to eat.
    If you're given a substandard product for anything on this list, do you just sit there and take it or do you return it/complain? Supermarkets have an obligation to provide food that's not rotten, ISPs are required to provide a flawless connection, landlords should be required to provide a pest-free property. Your analogy sucks.

  18. Post
    #93
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    If you're given a substandard product for anything on this list, do you just sit there and take it or do you return it/complain? Supermarkets have an obligation to provide food that's not rotten, ISPs are required to provide a flawless connection, landlords should be required to provide a pest-free property. Your analogy sucks.
    What ISP provides a flawless connection? What supermarket doesnt ever sell rotten/damaged food? What council never makes cock ups? I'd agree with you if it turns out theres an actual cockroach infestation, not a a drama queen crying about 2 cockroaches.

  19. Post
    #94
    swazi wrote:
    Is that based on all your real world experience?
    yeah i'm a landlord

  20. Post
    #95
    swazi wrote:
    What ISP provides a flawless connection? What supermarket doesnt ever sell rotten/damaged food? What council never makes cock ups? I'd agree with you if it turns out theres an actual cockroach infestation, not a a drama queen crying about 2 cockroaches.
    Would you pay $100+ for a meal at a restaurant, or even a cheap meal at a fish n chip/Chinese takeaways, if you saw 2 cockroaches crawling by you? And I'm definitely not talking about the outdoor ones.

  21. Post
    #96
    bradc wrote:
    Mate, you're dreaming. My weekends are maintaining property. I guess I could pay someone else to do it, but then I like doing cool shit that costs money.
    or you could just pay harcourts to manage your apartment block while you **** off overseas and a bunch of low income families struggle to make ends meet against ever increasing rent prices

    but the supermarkets and isps are the same thing! you just gotta accept it. but really landlords are the real victims here cos the tenants make them do work sometimes like paying an insect removal guy!

  22. Post
    #97
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    Would you pay $100+ for a meal at a restaurant, or even a cheap meal at a fish n chip/Chinese takeaways, if you saw 2 cockroaches crawling by you? And I'm definitely not talking about the outdoor ones.
    Yeah I'd still eat it

  23. Post
    #98
    swazi wrote:
    What ISP provides a flawless connection? What supermarket doesnt ever sell rotten/damaged food? What council never makes cock ups? I'd agree with you if it turns out theres an actual cockroach infestation, not a a drama queen crying about 2 cockroaches.
    oh shit you're not a landlord sorry my bad. you're a slumlord instead

  24. Post
    #99
    Also with the supermarket rotten food argument, wouldn't you return it and ask for them to sort it out for you? Or ISPs, if you were suddenly without internet but still paying, you'd call them and ask what's happening and not expect them to ignore you.

  25. Post
    it's pretty easy to keep your house bug free if you don't mind chemicals - just get one of those auto sprayer things.

    my house is a literal insect death zone, the bugs fly in and maybe last a meter or two. only had a handful of flies inside all summer, not a single mosquito.