Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    A little disappointed that PlayStation is the weaker console this time round. But the exclusives will make up for it. And they'll still look stunning. I mean just look at what their still able to do with the standard PS4. Last of Us 2 and Ghosts look great.

  3. Post
    #3
    Valeyard wrote:
    A little disappointed that PlayStation is the weaker console this time round. But the exclusives will make up for it. And they'll still look stunning. I mean just look at what their still able to do with the standard PS4. Last of Us 2 and Ghosts look great.
    Unfortunately the power difference means it will be tough for the PS5 to hit locked 4k 60fps in AAA next gen games. I anticipate the PS5 will once again use checkerboard rendering to reduce GPU load OR otherwise AAA games may run at 4k 30fps.

    The xbox will have no issue doing locked 4k 60fps with 12 Tflop. The One X has no issue doing 4k 30fps and it had 6 tflop, now the Series X has 12 tflop, a perfect translation to 4k 60fps. High end PC GPU's are expected to do 20 Tflops by the end of this year - approaching the requirements to hit 4k 120fps

  4. Post
    #4
    Valeyard wrote:
    A little disappointed that PlayStation is the weaker console this time round. But the exclusives will make up for it. And they'll still look stunning. I mean just look at what their still able to do with the standard PS4. Last of Us 2 and Ghosts look great.
    Pretty sure they'll drop PS5 pro to match Xbox X in 1-2yrs

  5. Post
    #5
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Pretty sure they'll drop PS5 pro to match Xbox X in 1-2yrs
    Maybe, but the results of the PS4 pro as it is are a bit debatable, we've seen already that the PS4 pro is still tied down to the base PS4's graphical capabilities. There is a bit of an uplift, but unless there are 'PS5 pro exclusive' games, devs still have to make their games to suit the weakest link in the chain.

    With the results we've seen so far, I don't think as many people will even bother with a Pro model, it just didn't live up to the hype and everyone's expectations. Not to mention it is just so damn loud. I think people will take the quieter console over the higher performing one.

  6. Post
    #6
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Maybe, but the results of the PS4 pro as it is are a bit debatable, we've seen already that the PS4 pro is still tied down to the base PS4's graphical capabilities. There is a bit of an uplift, but unless there are 'PS5 pro exclusive' games, devs still have to make their games to suit the weakest link in the chain.

    With the results we've seen so far, I don't think as many people will even bother with a Pro model, it just didn't live up to the hype and everyone's expectations. Not to mention it is just so damn loud. I think people will take the quieter console over the higher performing one.
    The PS4 PRO is subjectively a failure. It never delivered the 4k gaming that it promised. In fact even today we have games that in "PRO MODE" only run at 1200p 30fps

  7. Post
    #7
    Sony should have discontinued the base PS4 when they dropped the PRO they Bottlenecked themselves. But I get why they didn't.

  8. Post
    #8
    Valeyard wrote:
    Sony should have discontinued the base PS4 when they dropped the PRO they Bottlenecked themselves. But I get why they didn't.
    They did, they replaced it with the slim model. Lower priced models are for the casuals and most of them are likely not going to care about framerates and resolution. Hardcore who value those things are the vocal minority.

  9. Post
    #9
    Valeyard wrote:
    A little disappointed that PlayStation is the weaker console this time round. But the exclusives will make up for it. And they'll still look stunning. I mean just look at what their still able to do with the standard PS4. Last of Us 2 and Ghosts look great.
    lol wut its hardly snes / genesis difference